1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Germination

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by McLovin, Nov 5, 2017.

1. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

2. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

SecretSanta and docgreen like this.
  3. Aldo

Aldo Member

Hey I just started my germination process. I’m like roughly 15 hours in. The method I used was I placed the seeds in rapid rooters, watered the plugs till it was soaked. Then placed it in a plastic tray with another tray covering it. Then placed it in a warm area. I used regular tap water without leaving it over night to take out the chlorine. Any tips or changes I should do to increase success??
  4. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

Keep the rapid rooter wet, don't let it or the seedlings dry out, should see them stand up in a couple days. Rain water or natural spring water is best.
    docgreen and JoseR like this.
  5. Aldo

Aldo Member

Thanks
  6. donna becker

donna becker New Member

things have changed so much since i plucked seeds and stems from my lid..... tossed them in a wet paper towel and placed on the window sill.
    Farmer J likes this.
  7. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

You should wait at least 21 days from plucking seeds from a plant to germinating them
  8. donna becker

donna becker New Member

yep! the seeds were from the dime bag i had and so im sure over 21 days old....but I did germinate some newly plucked seeds from a plant a cpl mos ago just to see what would grow. They are in the veg side now and I have them identified as Im also germinating some seeds from last yr from a 'funny looking 3 leaf ' plant. The seeds Im using normally are from last year.
    Farmer J likes this.