1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Ph dropping

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by Al T, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Al T

Al T New Member

Hi everyone!still having the ph dropping in my Rez,been trying to figure this out since I started growing in my BB,started week 6 of flower,plants look great,lots of nice buds!But why !Using well water,ppm50-60,using chiller set at 66,future harvest nutes 1/2 strength,ppm 750,adjust ph to 6.1.Flushed Rez 3 time’s with ph’ed h20,checked this morning ph down around 5.5!wtf!and yes blue lab ph control calibrated properly!
  2. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

If in fact your ph reading is calibrated properly and your plants are not showing signs of calcium deficiency then I question your calibration method.
  3. Al T

Al T New Member

4. Al T

Al T New Member

Tnks will check it out
  5. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

It’s unnatural for your ph to go down if you did nothing. Whatever you do, never mix ph up and ph down in the same soup. I would disconnect your blue lab first and ignore it. Listen to your plants. If it truly was below 6.1 your plants will quickly let you know. You’ll see brown crispy dead leaves. Did I mention never mix ph up and ph down in the same soup?
  6. Al T

Al T New Member

7. Al T

Al T New Member

Ok tnks ,will do!
  8. sherpasherpa

sherpasherpa Well-Known Member

I use future harvest nutes and I Always have to add P.H. up the first few days after fresh nutes. Then it levels off towards the end of the week. I use test strips and a pen to confirm P.H. I adjust it manually. I know this isn't normal and I can't explain it. I think it's the future harvest nutes they are very acidic and the more the plants drink the more the drop in P.H. Personally once I run out of future harvest nutes i'll be switching the P.H. is very unstable using these nutes, I'll be switching to something simpler. Why Have 10 different bottles to mix up when you could have just one.
  9. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

I think in theory why pay for elements of a nutrient system you don’t need for different stages of a grow and it makes the nutes last longer? Not sure. It’s been a long time since I used them. I’m about convenience. I’ve gone to a 2 part nutrient system that automatically controls the pH, regardless of the water source’s pH, so I never have to test it. It makes a blue lab virtually obsolete.
  10. icemeister

icemeister New Member

ok McLovin, What nuts do you use? I'm looking for Hydro Autoflowers food. If you can have an opione, I do not know why auto would make a difference but interested in finding out.
    Thanks
  11. R.Whitebear

R.Whitebear Well-Known Member

If you live in Canada try out Mantis nuts one part does it all PH at a constant 6.1 its awesome its all you'll ever need
    sherpasherpa likes this.
  12. sherpasherpa

My plan is to switch to mantis once I run out of future harvest. I've heard nothing but great things about it, and one part solution that's P.h. stable would be so much simpler.
  13. R.Whitebear

I wouldn't wait I have 3 shelfs full of those future harvest garbage they just clog up you system and for ever fucking with the PH dont waste your time do it now.Anybody want some just pay for shipping?
    sherpasherpa likes this.
  14. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

I use Advanced Nutrients. Their entire line is now pH balanced. I believe they were the first to market with this technology and now I’m seeing others. Originally AN were the nutrients provided with these boxes before FH. I think they changed over because it was a US product and wanted to keep everything Canadian. No one has officially said the reason. The pH technology didn’t exist then.

Nothing but positive reviews have been posted here on the forum about Mantis. It doesn’t appear to be sold in the US.
  15. R.Whitebear

Ya that sucks
  16. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

17. R.Whitebear

I bought 6 bottle so i got a deal at 60.00 per,reg price 99.00 CAD I can't say enough good thing about it.Takes all the worries out of growing I had before
    McLovin likes this.
  18. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

With a $99 bottle, how many grows in a Bloombox?
    Will one be able to do a complete grow?
  19. R.Whitebear

It's 5ml per ltr I use 28ltr in mine so 140ml to start then I add 11ltr of water with 50ml of Mantis per week till done full cycle so about a bottle per grow with some for my mother plants also
    McLovin likes this.
  20. sherpasherpa

So you never drain the rez, you just add as needed the entire grow?