1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

BC Northern Lights-Pro Series

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by Token_NZ, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Token_NZ

Token_NZ Active Member

I love how these boxs are incorporating tech and data. Before i purchased my first Producer in 2019 i did alot of research about the grow box market and there was alot of complaints about the pricing but i find its justified with quality made and i swear to god Canada has the best shit man like USA seems to be adding that China made feeling quality to all there shit.
    Im probably going to be buying a co2 extraction kit from a Canadian company cause of quality and price. That's something BCNL should be looking into extraction for the small guys there is defiantly a market for it.
    Newbie Doobie likes this.
  2. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

Not much is made in the US anymore. Not even our flags. A lot of things are assembled here but most of the parts come from China anyway.
    Newbie Doobie and Token_NZ like this.
  3. Token_NZ

Token_NZ Active Member

@McLovin yeah same as my country which is sad i just thought US would hold the wall with Twinkys and GM badges
  4. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

Unfortunately, not. I agree with you about the quality of the boxes.
  5. Token_NZ

Token_NZ Active Member

It will be a sad day when you cant buy an american made twinkie.
  6. icemeister

icemeister New Member

twinkie has had its day, they stopped making them. Someone i think bought them and started making twinkies again.
    Token_NZ likes this.
  7. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

8. Green Doctor

Green Doctor Retired and lovin' it.

But wait - there's hope. Twinkies are putting out a cereal available in December.
  9. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

Good to see you’re still alive and kicking.
  10. Green Doctor

You too Mac, just checking to see if you or Sue ever responded to my emails - but nope, deader'n a doornail. LOL

I grew a strain called 2046. No one's heard of it, but it is a medical strain with a very high sativa thc content.
    I flushed for 2 weeks, and it's sooooooooooooooo smooth. Terrible strain for a bloombox though. Too lanky.

Gone to Ak-47 from true north seeds. Got a 60% success rate popping the seeds, three popped and rooted, taken to flower
    about a week ago, and damned if one wasn't a male. <yes, feminized seeds> I'm done with true north.

Good to see you're still helping these young whipper snappers how to grow a weed. LOL
    McLovin and Newbie Doobie like this.
  11. Green Doctor

Worse news to date. The other two AK-47's were males too. 60% popped, 100% were males. Seems to me, when they hear I'm from Texas,
    I'm screwed. I hate going back to Crop King Seeds, but dang, they've been the best thus far. Any better suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  12. Green Doctor

Now I have the 10 seeds AK-47, and 3 blue dreams feminized supposedly. Popping them all. Blue dream doesn't excite me at 16% thc.
    CALLING MACLOVIN! HELP ME!!!
  13. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

DON’T do that. I’ve ordered several times from True North without issues. Have you tried Seedsman? They’re straight up.
  14. Green Doctor

Honestly now I don't remember whether they came from True North or Seedsman. Let me go back and check my credit card receipts.
    Turned out my three AK-47's were all males, although the package said ak-47 - F. This has set me back a couple of months in my grow
    cycles, and I'm pissed. <mad pissed, not drunk pissed>
  15. Green Doctor

Going back through my statements, I can't tell whether it was Seedsman or True North, so scratch my statement.

I've popped the 10 remaining Ak-47 seeds <100% success> and 3 blue dream seeds <also 100% success>
    But, I remember they came from England, so that would be seedsman...True North is Canadian.

So when I flower these and find they're males too, any suggestions of a Sativa high THC
    <and I'm done with Seedsman> I wrongly dissed True North, and I'm sorry for that.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  16. Green Doctor

Confirmed <sorry for all the posts, I've been checking past orders> Confirmed, the feminised AK-47's came from Seedsman and so far they were all males.
  17. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

Seedsman is a bank of other breeders. AK47 I don’t think is their own. Do you know who the strain is actually from? What I’ve found is strains that were big at the time don’t hold up. If you use Seedsman again, select one of their own. They have been far superior than the “classics” for me.
  18. thestonernerd

thestonernerd Well-Known Member

I received 10 freebie AK47 seeds in a seedsman order a while back. I will lower the priority to try these out based on this. Argh, sorry!
  19. Green Doctor

Thanks Mac. I always appreciate your advice. In a month of so, I'll know their sex. Until then, water changes and PH adjustments.