BCNL Dryer

Wizkid

So I know most of you are NOT a fan of using the dryer.

I don't have much space for hang drying, and don't really want to subject my partner to the weed smell in ALL parts of the house... Has anybody used the dryer & jar curing to get good drying results? or will I just be chasing a ghost?

Again, I know hanging is more desirable. It's just not really an option for me.

McLovin

So I know most of you are NOT a fan of using the dryer.

I don't have much space for hang drying, and don't really want to subject my partner to the weed smell in ALL parts of the house... Has anybody used the dryer & jar curing to get good drying results? or will I just be chasing a ghost?

Again, I know hanging is more desirable. It's just not really an option for me.
Although I use the bloombox itself to hang dry, I still use the dryer and it comes in handy on just about every grow. For instance, on my current grow I’ve got several different strains that are going to finish at different times. I plan on harvesting the earlier finishing plants by using the dryer, still using a slow drying process by cutting the branches to dry instead of cutting off the buds to dry.

The dryer also comes in handy when after “sweating” the buds in jars to dry them back up.

I find the dryer a nice tool to have around.

Conq

Noobie
I use the dryer to zap most of my initial moister then cure in bags with boveda to finish...

I have come up with a method I like for this where I feel I speed it up and avoid any bad mold or microbe growth and then still maintain the terps

1.I cut my crop and personally I like to wash the buds so I use the bucket method and then after that I hang dry for 10-12 hours and let all the excess water drain off I then hand trim and put and the full trimmed buds in the dryer until dry till the touch about 12 hours.
2. I then take the buds and put them in a beg for 4-6 hours until they have completely rehydrated from the inside moister coming out, then it’s back in the dryers for another4-6 hours or they aredry to the touch again.
3.next I put all the buds back in the beg and close it up to rehydrate with the bit of moister left inside and out a boveda in to help maintain the right RH and also captures all the co2 no need to burp leave it in the bag. And wait a few days for the terps to really develop. This is the method I use and I found it works well.
I also agree with mcloving I love my dryer use it every time so I can start growing again as soon as the crops down not having to hang in the grow space is a huge bonus and I would also add the peace of mind that there is zero risk of mold developing and jeopardizing all your hard work in the last few steps of the race.

Farmer J

@onelunggrows

Wizkid

Do you use one of these? Can you give me a basic idea of this type of product (I've seen another brand as well) does compared to freeze drying?