1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Bloom Box air circulation adjustments.

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by James Marsden, May 19, 2016.

1. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

So I've been pondering adding a fan to the air exchange on the bottom corner of the veg side to force more air into the flower side. It's 75 at times on that side while the veg side could be as low as 65.

My thought was to add a computer fan to the opening. I'd have to make a few cuts to.make the opening about two inches bigger but this should force more cold air a cross to the flower side.

Thoughts?
  2. SerenityReef

SerenityReef The Tinkerer

What air temp are you trying to get to?

I'd say odd to wire but not a deal breaker. I try to keep humidity at different levels, you would not be able to with the hole. Odd hole to cut but do able.
  3. James Marsden

Just even temps would be nice, or even close. I have a 175cfm tornado booster fan on the exhaust and the AC plumbed into the intake just to get 75 in the flower but the veg will be down around 65. If I take the booster off my temp will be 80 in flower and 60-62 in veg. Its like the flower side is sucking through a straw.

I took some measurments tonight and maybe you guys can take a measurment for me and see if something is fucked up. My veg side vent is 1"3/8 but the flower side is 2"3/8.

A 3.5" micro fan fits the channel size perfect and pushes allot of air down that channel It shouldn't be hard to cut out
    Mitch B. and SerenityReef like this.
  4. Todd

Todd Member

i was thinking about this and if air flow is the problem, could you just cut/drill some wholes in both the veg and flower side on the inside of what ill call the kick plate that the air goes through now? This may decrease the restriction of the air flow and take care of the issue without adding a fan. Your ideas on this? please chime in. will be interesting to see what the scholars will say! HAPPY TOKEN!!
  5. James Marsden

Only issue their is your not increasing the air flow and your opening up the chance for light leaks into the flower chamber
  6. Todd

Todd Member

and the saga goes on.... Thanks for the response James!