Gorilla glue #4

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
hey brother. Your girls look healthy and I see they're getting their funk on. You might want to trim them a bit ... look at my avatar for guidance. Let them breathe and use all the energy for bud growth. All that extra foliage is using your plants energy. Just a suggestion ... love you bro. God bless.

oldhippy

Yeah I hear you. When I first started growing I was hesitant to trim too. I remember thinking that it seemed perfectly crazy to cut my plants when I looked at my healthy crop. I said no way!! Lol. It's like you're risking their lives ... But it really is in their best interest ... And yours.

But if it causes you anxiety, understand that my main concern is the humidity and possible damage that it could cause. Trimming the fan leaves won't hurt your plants. It will protect your buds from potential mold development from excess humidity. What is your humidity in the box? You're looking for around 40% during this stage of growing. Don't cut any branches, just trim some fan leaves. Just cut a few and give it a day or two so you can see they're going to be ok. Then cut a few more. You want the air in the box to circulate through the plants. Too many leaves tend to block that from happening. It's scary but part of a successful grow. You will come to realize that proper training and grooming of your plant will actually result in better buds and overall yields.

Bottom line, you go at your pace. Overtime, stretch your limits. The more you grow the better your skills will be.

Your plants look great, they just need a little 💘 love to be all they can be. We're here for you. You're not alone. God bless you. I feel your excitement. Cool huh? Rock and roll brother. Welcome to the jungle!!

Last edited:

Gregory todhunter

Humidity is at 37. Thanks for the encouragement. I trimmed some fan leaves today sure smells good in there🌱. I’ll wait a few days then get in there again.

oldhippy

Nice. My mouth is watering. Curing is a hard step to newbies. Oh man, you're going to be so tempted to fire up but let it cure bro. It is the difference from night to day. Don't F up now, cure properly. Patience is necessary so get another crop going. In time you'll have an abundance of bud so the curing stage won't be the burden it is this first time. Looking good man. God bless you

oldhippy

Beware of those plastic bags. Mold loves them. Get some mason jars to store your bud during the curing stage. Burp those babies ... they still need your love.

oldhippy

Burp them often. You don't want moisture to build up at all. Overtime you will notice you don't have to let them breath as often. I also use boveda packets to help maintain the humidity in the jars.

oldhippy

I’ve transferred over to mason jars as per your advice. How often to burp? Daily then weekly?
Burp them everytime you walk by them until you know that's too much. You never want to see condensation on the inside of the jars. (nor do you want to feel moisture)

Last edited:

oldhippy

lol. Yes my brother, 🙏, direct contact to the master gardner. Can't go wrong there. Thanks man, God bless you.