GrandDaddy Purple / Chocolope

laurie

TY for sharing that! Ha- You are a great story teller!! I wonder @oldhippy how many times do you think you and Anna have shared that story!? It will be - such a solid feeling - even your grandkids will have - retelling the story of a love meant to be and grandpas first kiss. I can just tell you have done your family a great service- by being you.
I have been blessed with a fantastic father in law. ( Mother-in law also whom has passed ). He too is just a great example of being a man, of being a leader, and a hero to his family.
I’m SO excited for you !!! I imagine I’m not the only one also looking forward to grow pics!, More than a year. Hmm. Wow it’s almost like a first grow again. A second first. But -with all your experience ! How awesome is that!
✌

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
TY for sharing that! Ha- You are a great story teller!! I wonder @oldhippy how many times do you think you and Anna have shared that story!? It will be - such a solid feeling - even your grandkids will have - retelling the story of a love meant to be and grandpas first kiss. I can just tell you have done your family a great service- by being you.
I have been blessed with a fantastic father in law. ( Mother-in law also whom has passed ). He too is just a great example of being a man, of being a leader, and a hero to his family.
I’m SO excited for you !!! I imagine I’m not the only one also looking forward to grow pics!, More than a year. Hmm. Wow it’s almost like a first grow again. A second first. But -with all your experience ! How awesome is that!
✌
Oh, thank you Laurie. It was a special night. Anna completes me. I am so blessed. We're not meant to be alone. We connect through our spirits. Our souls and bodies flourish through that connection. It's so common place for people to live disjointed and in their heads, out of touch with each other and the world around them. It's a choice. If you can let go of this world you will find your place in it. Faith is love. Find your quiet place and rejoice in the bliss that is true self. I tell you truth when I say there is a parallel between learning to grow this wonderful plant in a way that you feel and understand it's needs to one's own enlightenment. We are all family. We are all one. This journey, this life path, is shared by us all.

Your family sounds so very blessed. You are an angel. I'm so happy you are here with us. I'm so happy you and all our brothers and sisters here in this forum share in such a kind way. How blessed are we. Rock and Roll sister. The band is playing our song.

laurie

2 GrandDaddy Purple finished first. 2 Chocolope still in box. Hung the GDP in my tent today ( 5.5ft tall X 3 X 2). Dark, cold, 51% RH, small oscillating fan on low on the floor. 3 days and we’ll see how she feels and go from there. And Oh MY did they ever smell fantastic.
The tent is in my attached garage - sitting on wood to be not directly on floor. Temperature outside overnight coldest around -4. I have a stand up heater/ fan I can aim towards tent and the area would be around 55 F/ 13c.
What do you guys think about this drying environment / temp?
Many thanks✌
GDP- they’re just beautiful to me.
66AE1586-8B70-41F6-A356-1B6DBF3A272D.jpeg
67FD9AB0-A67C-4436-948E-B5D3015FB986.jpeg
14969152-AFCD-460E-BFFC-C2844178C3FB.jpeg
DADCED62-7216-4AEC-B117-D42F899F9260.jpeg
D2C35007-DFA1-41CF-9E23-2706EE9F4C20.jpeg
F919AB9E-B6F1-4DDD-9DBD-597527659A39.jpeg
0BF31AC7-6D0C-4F15-9B29-C887F75864A7.jpeg
58319CBE-19D4-4F66-9640-42197192DB39.jpeg
AF3ACE70-827B-41D2-88EB-2397B65B371D.jpeg

oldhippy

2 GrandDaddy Purple finished first. 2 Chocolope still in box. Hung the GDP in my tent today ( 5.5ft tall X 3 X 2). Dark, cold, 51% RH, small oscillating fan on low on the floor. 3 days and we’ll see how she feels and go from there. And Oh MY did they ever smell fantastic.
The tent is in my attached garage - sitting on wood to be not directly on floor. Temperature outside overnight coldest around -4. I have a stand up heater/ fan I can aim towards tent and the area would be around 55 F/ 13c.
What do you guys think about this drying environment / temp?
Many thanks✌
GDP- they’re just beautiful to me. View attachment 12755View attachment 12756View attachment 12757View attachment 12758View attachment 12759View attachment 12760View attachment 12761View attachment 12762View attachment 12763
You're plants look wonderful. I think drying the way you do is great. I don't use my dryers anymore. A nice continuation of the ice bath is the way I look at it. I have a tent with a dehumidifier and will be doing as you are doing. I'll turn that thing as low as it will go and let them dry natural. Yeah, I feel that. A mother's instinct ....

laurie

You're plants look wonderful. I think drying the way you do is great. I don't use my dryers anymore. A nice continuation of the ice bath is the way I look at it. I have a tent with a dehumidifier and will be doing as you are doing. I'll turn that thing as low as it will go and let them dry natural. Yeah, I feel that. A mother's instinct ....
TY ! ✌
Yes - I used that instinct last night, and moved my tent into a warmer room, now won't get below 17 and not above 20. I feel better about that.
So as the GDP finished first, the Chocolope are still in. While flushing isn't necessary they say with Mantis - I did it anyways- been 8 days now.( so the GDP had a week flush ). I'll continue on, watching their trichs, and these ones WILL get an ice bath, then dark, etc. We are much happier with the results going more natural ( using the dryer only at end ) , where my first grow i sent them straight to the dryer!!!!!
Live and learn.

laurie

Am I seeing some amber heads?
and next set of pics- one with red circles- is that new white pistils forming or? TY.
they are beauties. ✌

F0E4E374-D106-4474-B69F-B96893335544.jpeg
D4689B80-EA96-4027-A5CA-67AA1E596BC9.jpeg
F0E4E374-D106-4474-B69F-B96893335544.jpeg
D4689B80-EA96-4027-A5CA-67AA1E596BC9.jpeg
F78FBF53-B691-40AE-8468-939A1C1407D8.jpeg
B7E80633-4711-4191-B75C-86DCA7491E66.jpeg
280956F0-47A8-44F2-BAFB-0DA14A8632F3.jpeg
1E62CC5B-C707-41D0-8724-915C7DC18E26.jpeg
68484359-AF33-4445-AA01-6C78E92A24F2.jpeg

oldhippy

laurie

Perhaps, but I am still seeing multitudes of clear trichomes. a bit too early for harvest I think.
Yes me too. Still a mix of glassy and milky. I do not want this sativa to make me sleepy so def want to catch it before they turn amber. Day 8 of flush today. Well see how she goes. They’re frosting up nicely ✌
any concern with the pic with red circles?

oldhippy

Yes me too. Still a mix of glassy and milky. I do not want this sativa to make me sleepy so def want to catch it before they turn amber. Day 8 of flush today. Well see how she goes. They’re frosting up nicely ✌
any concern with the pic with red circles?
Marijuana pistils are known to “go brown” 2 or 3 times during the flowering stage. You’ll see the tips of the buds kind of close while the pistil dries up, totally normal. Within a couple days you will see new pistils come back out and grow, increasing the size of your buds.

Depending on the strain of cannabis, this phase can go on for a couple weeks, you’ll want to observe the evolution of the trichomes to decide when to start flushing your plants before harvest.

oldhippy

They look nice. Not quite ready for harvest. I notice you include pictures of the leaves and their beautiful crystal. In regards to time to harvest be sure to go by trichome development on the buds only. That's what you are harvesting. Those leaves and trimmings you get during harvesting will make you smile in others ways as you are very aware. Wow, pleasurer is on it's way. Congrats. You're a natural.

laurie

They look nice. Not quite ready for harvest. I notice you include pictures of the leaves and their beautiful crystal. In regards to time to harvest be sure to go by trichome development on the buds only. That's what you are harvesting. Those leaves and trimmings you get during harvesting will make you smile in others ways as you are very aware. Wow, pleasurer is on it's way. Congrats. You're a natural.
TY @oldhippy ✌
Yes they're getting close ....... I did read the trichomes change earlier on the leaves vs buds. I do love the luscious pics🤗