HELP! Clawing leaves!

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Hello people, it’s been a while and hope all is well for all of US! I started a new grow( bubba kush) and my lower leaves all seem to be clawing/curling. I’m in need of input to figure this out. Thought it was PH problem so I changed nutes.I’m not seeing any bugs( use diatomaceous earth etc to prevent them). It has been rather cold out past few nights so... just not sure. Would appreciate some input from any GURU who cares to chim in. Thanks!

Attachments

• E03AED59-78DF-40FD-93E1-037E5CD73785.jpeg
    E03AED59-78DF-40FD-93E1-037E5CD73785.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 49

laurie

Hello people, it’s been a while and hope all is well for all of US! I started a new grow( bubba kush) and my lower leaves all seem to be clawing/curling. I’m in need of input to figure this out. Thought it was PH problem so I changed nutes.I’m not seeing any bugs( use diatomaceous earth etc to prevent them). It has been rather cold out past few nights so... just not sure. Would appreciate some input from any GURU who cares to chim in. Thanks!
Hey @Todd ✌ hope you've been well
I am no GURU lol - but I would narrow down from a few things-was your PH in fact out of whack?- check for Root Rot, Wind Burn, Nitrogen Toxicity, or Over Watered. Seems Bubba Kush is pretty resistant to pests.
good luck ✌

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
i change my nutes so its not a PH problem. Maybe wind burn but all the leaves arent getting the wind and many that are not in way of the fan are curling too. Nitrogen is a pssoabillity but i dont know how to correct that.and ive never had a root rot problem and I use hydroguard but ill check that too! Thanks for the wisdom Laurie!

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
What's the temp in there Todd? Do your roots look healthy? There are mites that actually can live IN the plant thereby being invisible to you but I've never seen or run across those. What is your PPM? Have you ruled out Nute Lock? In that case a nice fresh water flush might help followed be a reduction in nutes ... PPM is very important.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Temps have been in the 59 - 82 degrees night and day respectively. a few nights it got colder maybe 54 degrees.and only towards the end of the day does it get over 80 for a few hours.quick look at roots and they looked healthy. PPM? not sure. I usually set my water out for the next week the same day i change my nutes. Then I PH(5.5) the water and then add my nutes to the water along with any extra additive(Hydroguard, CAL/MAG, Super B etc) as ive always done the last three grows. I was hinking about a flush too. Ive never checked my water(PH PPM ) during the week. i usually PH my water just before i add nutes and i was questioning that and i added more PH down and i think i may have added way to much PH down and that might be my problem. If so the PH would be way to low and be causing the problem.i did change my nutes 2 gays ago and I'm wondering how long will it take to bounce back. Any input??? thanks.!

oldhippy

One problem I see is that you are using too much PH down. You say, " I PH(5.5) the water and then add my nutes to the water along with any extra additive(Hydroguard, CAL/MAG, Super B etc). i usually PH my water just before i add nutes and i was questioning that and i added more PH down and i think i may have added way to much PH down and that might be my problem." Brother this is wrong. Don't PH your water before you add your nutes. Also, add your nutrients one at a time in the order listed on the feeding schedule, mixing completely before adding the next nute. In regards to additives, follow the instructions thereof. PH the "soup" once after you add all nutes. It seems you're killing your plants with PH down. You probably have a build up of salts and minerals now resulting in a nutrient lock out. PH and PPM are two different things. Just because one of those factors is inline doesn't mean the other one is. Without measuring the PPM it's a guessing game. My guess is your PPM is too high and the extra additions of PH down has added to the problem. It could be a flush is in order. I would flush and go with just PH'd water for a couple days before I re-introduced nutes again at a reduced rate (50%).

To start fixing your plants, perform the flush as described above with water that has the proper pH. Water with water that has the correct pH level and the problems from the lockout caused by improper pH should go away in a few days.

Sometimes, the requirement to feed your plants heavily can be the main reason for a nutrient lockout. You can reduce your plant’s nutrient requirements if you trim them heavily. Less plant mass means that your plant needs fewer nutrients to feed in order to grow properly.

The amount of light also plays a role in how much nutrients your plants need. This can be important when you switch your plants from the vegetative phase into flowering. Only change the amount of light and nutrients gradually and slowly to allow the plants to adapt to their new environment and to reduce stress.

Organic nutrients can help to avoid nutrient lockout. Non-organic nutrients and fertilizers contain minerals, including salt that will build up over time, changing your growing medium’s pH levels and therefore possibly leading to nutrient lockout. Organic fertilizers don’t contain those high amounts of salt which means they are far less likely to cause nutrient lockouts. However, even with organic fertilizers, routine flushes are always a good practice.

Nutrient lockout is one of the most common problems especially for less experienced cannabis growers. When you have learned how to recognize and to solve nutrient lockout, you have the best chances for a successful grow. Rock and Roll brother. Peace and Love.

Last edited:

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Yes i do. I change the water(PH'd) i believe. Which ive done. I also added some Suoer B to it .and wait. For how long im assuming a day or two of till the plants perk up then change water with nutes and PH'd. other than that My friend, things are looking good. GROW THE GREAT GREEN BUSH!! peace be with you!

oldhippy

Yes i do. I change the water(PH'd) i believe. Which ive done. I also added some Suoer B to it .and wait. For how long im assuming a day or two of till the plants perk up then change water with nutes and PH'd. other than that My friend, things are looking good. GROW THE GREAT GREEN BUSH!! peace be with you!

A true flush is just plain PH'd water. Why the super B? I so wish the best for you . God bless you. Peace and Love.

oldhippy

flip your rocker switch so the watering is continuous. The system will automatically shut it off after 20 minutes or so. Do this a few times so you're sure all the built up salts and minerals have been leached out. Just changing the water is not enough.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
A true flush is just plain PH'd water. Why the super B? I so wish the best for you . God bless you. Peace and Love.
i did just plain water that I PH'd. i figured super B as it supposedly helps with stress I believe. I also flipped my switch as you suggested thanks for your wisdom in these trying time of mine. Im inrerested to know how this will affect My plants being its the 5th week of flower? PEACE!

oldhippy

i did just plain water that I PH'd. i figured super B as it supposedly helps with stress I believe. I also flipped my switch as you suggested thanks for your wisdom in these trying time of mine. Im inrerested to know how this will affect My plants being its the 5th week of flower? PEACE!
Well brother, you're plants definitely were stressed out and my hopes are the flush will relax them a bit. You may very well end up with a few seeds in the mix now ... maybe not, but the possibility is very real. Other than that I'm prayerful that the plants respond well and get back on track. Be diligent and gentle now, lower your nutes and stay on top of PH and PPM. (After weekly reservoir changes just PH the soup once when first introduced. Let it increase throughout the week. If you need to add water to keep the reservoir full just use plain PH'd water, no more nutes until next reservoir change. Baby them from this point on.) Watch your plants closely as you would a sick child. Love them bro, they will love you back. A few more weeks and you'll have all those answers. Peace and Love. I look forward to happy days!!! God bless you.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Thanks OH. thats is what i was kinda thinking i would do. Think ive read something like that here on the forums. I have been doing as you said "After weekly reservoir changes just PH the soup once and let it increase throughout the week". That I've been doing since my first grow. GOD put people like you on the Earth for a reason and im glad he did. THANKS! Peace and LOVE!

oldhippy

Your kindness is overwhelming and brings tears to my eyes. I feel you bro. It's all love and I just want you to be all you can be. I want you to be happy and content. You have such a good heart brother. I just want it to be full. I love you. God bless you. Peace and Love.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Well brother, you're plants definitely were stressed out and my hopes are the flush will relax them a bit. You may very well end up with a few seeds in the mix now ... maybe not, but the possibility is very real. Other than that I'm prayerful that the plants respond well and get back on track. Be diligent and gentle now, lower your nutes and stay on top of PH and PPM. (After weekly reservoir changes just PH the soup once when first introduced. Let it increase throughout the week. If you need to add water to keep the reservoir full just use plain PH'd water, no more nutes until next reservoir change. Baby them from this point on.) Watch your plants closely as you would a sick child. Love them bro, they will love you back. A few more weeks and you'll have all those answers. Peace and Love. I look forward to happy days!!! God bless you.
Hey OH, The girls seems to be alright as bud have increased is size and smell so Im feeling the flush has got me back on tract. give it another week and i think ill know better. One Question? Do you think the Super B added to the flush was a bad idea? I'm still learning! Keep the faith!

oldhippy

Good news .... did you reduce your nutes? Keep your eyes open for signs of stress. Adding Super B during a flush is not recommended. Best to just use plain PH'd water as the intent is to deplete the nutes and salt build up so your plants can relax and uptake things in relative peace. Super B is notorious for causing the root zone to look a bit brown by nature so it's presence does effect the concept of flushing in a negative way. I do think it was a bad idea. You are learning so don't trip ... we've all been there. Don't expect to see a lot of new leaves forming at this stage though. The plant at this stage is all about the buds. The fact that your buds are bigger and more fragrant indicates the plants are absorbing the soup better now and the healing process is well under way. You did fine Doc!!! Patient is improving. Congrats, now bring those babies home!! Peace and Love brother. I'm here for you , my faith in you is as strong as ever.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Good news .... did you reduce your nutes? Keep your eyes open for signs of stress. Adding Super B during a flush is not recommended. Best to just use plain PH'd water as the intent is to deplete the nutes and salt build up so your plants can relax and uptake things in relative peace. Super B is notorious for causing the root zone to look a bit brown by nature so it's presence does effect the concept of flushing in a negative way. I do think it was a bad idea. You are learning so don't trip ... we've all been there. Don't expect to see a lot of new leaves forming at this stage though. The plant at this stage is all about the buds. The fact that your buds are bigger and more fragrant indicates the plants are absorbing the soup better now and the healing process is well under way. You did fine Doc!!! Patient is improving. Congrats, now bring those babies home!! Peace and Love brother. I'm here for you , my faith in you is as strong as ever.
[/QUOTE yes i did. only gave the girls half nutes, super B, carbo blast and Cal/MAG and rhino skins for stalk strength.. How long should a flush last? I thought the same thing about the leaves! Its eally nice to chat with someone WHO loves GOD! Peace be with you!

oldhippy

For the purpose of resolving Nutrient lock out you should flush for a 2 day period max. Your goal should be to get the PPM to 50PPM (.01 EC). Once you have accomplished that your flush is done. This may not need the full two days. Peace and Love. Brother, we are One in the Lord. It is so very nice to chat with you. Pay it forward. I feel your heart and I am blessed.

oldhippy

HOW TO PROPERLY FLUSH CANNABIS
Flushing your cannabis plants is a straight forward process. Whenever you would normally feed, you flush instead. Untreated tap water is all you need to use for flushing, just be sure to make sure the pH is at a safe level for cannabis. Most well water contains a healthy pH level and will not need treatment, but if it is necessary for you to add treatment to adjust the pH of your flushing water, feel free to do so. The pH adjustments will be the only thing you will need to be concerned about.

It is important to keep flushing the plant until PPM number drops to a level of 50ppm, or at least until it is close to matching the TDS of the fresh water that you are using to flush with. The color of the draining water will lighten up and appear to be cleaner. You want to get as much of the dissolved minerals away from the plant as you can.

HOW TO FLUSH HYDROPONIC PLANTS
Flushing hydroponic plants is much easier than removing nutrients from a soil medium. Hydro growers can simply drain their system and replace the water with plain pH-balanced water instead.

Flushing hydroponic plants is also a much shorter process. Once the water supply has been switched out, hydro plants won’t have access to any external nutrients. Because of this, you’ll only need to flush plants for two days.

Last edited: