HELP! Clawing leaves!

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
HOW TO PROPERLY FLUSH CANNABIS
Flushing your cannabis plants is a straight forward process. Whenever you would normally feed, you flush instead. Untreated tap water is all you need to use for flushing, just be sure to make sure the pH is at a safe level for cannabis. Most well water contains a healthy pH level and will not need treatment, but if it is necessary for you to add treatment to adjust the pH of your flushing water, feel free to do so. The pH adjustments will be the only thing you will need to be concerned about.

It is important to keep flushing the plant until PPM number drops to a level of 50ppm, or at least until it is close to matching the TDS of the fresh water that you are using to flush with. The color of the draining water will lighten up and appear to be cleaner. You want to get as much of the dissolved minerals away from the plant as you can.

HOW TO FLUSH HYDROPONIC PLANTS
Flushing hydroponic plants is much easier than removing nutrients from a soil medium. Hydro growers can simply drain their system and replace the water with plain pH-balanced water instead.

Flushing hydroponic plants is also a much shorter process. Once the water supply has been switched out, hydro plants won’t have access to any external nutrients. Because of this, you’ll only need to flush plants for two days.

appreciate all your Love Brother! Peace!

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Question aout the clawing leaves. they are still curled under and i was wondering if i should remove/cut them off or just leave them be? the plant is making flower so i thought maybe the leaves are not needed? Is the plant trying to repair the leave with energy better used for growing bud? inquisitve minds want to know! any help would be appreciated! PEACE!

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Question aout the clawing leaves. they are still curled under and i was wondering if i should remove/cut them off or just leave them be? the plant is making flower so i thought maybe the leaves are not needed? Is the plant trying to repair the leave with energy better used for growing bud? inquisitve minds want to know! any help would be appreciated! PEACE!
Are those leaves that are clawing the same ones that were clawing before/ Are there any new leaves clawing? Do you have a pic?

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
they are the old ones. I don't believe any new leaves are affected! Ill get a pic for ya ASAP! Thanks OH! your an angel...

Attachments

• DD601DF8-9378-48D7-B4C9-F10DB7DBF3BD.jpeg
    DD601DF8-9378-48D7-B4C9-F10DB7DBF3BD.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 37

oldhippy

they are the old ones. I don't believe any new leaves are affected! Ill get a pic for ya ASAP! Thanks OH! your an angel...
Clip the bad leaves off. They serve no useful purpose now. Are your roots looking good? what nutes are you using right now?

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Buds are growing and smell great and getting fatter. using silver nutes. I’ll clip off any curled leaves. They are still dark green. Roots are good.Thanks Bro!!

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Well brother, you're plants definitely were stressed out and my hopes are the flush will relax them a bit. You may very well end up with a few seeds in the mix now ... maybe not, but the possibility is very real. Other than that I'm prayerful that the plants respond well and get back on track. Be diligent and gentle now, lower your nutes and stay on top of PH and PPM. (After weekly reservoir changes just PH the soup once when first introduced. Let it increase throughout the week. If you need to add water to keep the reservoir full just use plain PH'd water, no more nutes until next reservoir change. Baby them from this point on.) Watch your plants closely as you would a sick child. Love them bro, they will love you back. A few more weeks and you'll have all those answers. Peace and Love. I look forward to happy days!!! God bless you.
Hey OH, you were right. I got a few seeds from this batch(working on a new batch )! LIVE AND LEARN! its not bad even after going to seed. I didnt even get 2 OZ. Been busy and glad to see your alive and doing well my old friend. Peace be with you! GOD Bless!

oldhippy

Hey OH, you were right. I got a few seeds from this batch(working on a new batch )! LIVE AND LEARN! its not bad even after going to seed. I didnt even get 2 OZ. Been busy and glad to see your alive and doing well my old friend. Peace be with you! GOD Bless!
yeah, sometimes learning can be filled with twists and turns. The thing about it is that as humans we persevere and continue down the path one step at a time, as if propelled by destiny. We strive to become better then the day before, and in this case, the grow before. It's our nature. Find that place in your head that is always quiet and calm. Try to connect with your plants there and feel them as living organisms that depend on you for their very existence. feel them like you would a newborn and let your instincts guide you rather than charts or internet chatter. Become one with them brother and you'll exceed your expectations. your heart will be full and these problems you've experienced will indeed become wisdom. I look forward to your next grow and I'm hopeful you continue to share with us your personal journey with this wonderful gift from God. Peace and Love.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
Are your buds still growing? fattening up? fragrance improving?
Hey OH. same problem with this new batch. many are curling again but the plants look healthy and the buds are growing and smelling great! just the curled leaves again. talked to blair and he thinks i need to balance my PH between nute changes. my PH peen went bad so i need a new one. Peace and Love.

oldhippy

Hey OH. same problem with this new batch. many are curling again but the plants look healthy and the buds are growing and smelling great! just the curled leaves again. talked to blair and he thinks i need to balance my PH between nute changes. my PH peen went bad so i need a new one. Peace and Love.

Many growers believe that The Claw is caused by pH problems, watering troubles, or heat. What I've learned is that these aren't usually the real cause of clawed marijuana leaves. It's one of these four things: PH/PPM problems; over or under water problems; Heat; or nitrogen toxicity.

In your case, we know that it isn't over or under watering (You are growing in hydro, where roots grow directly in water and air stones are constantly adding oxygen).

We know it isn't heat since the grow box temps are in the mid to upper 70's, when the lights are on, and the room temps are 68* - 72*. Right?

In regards to PH/PPM issues, proper monitoring will provide those answers. (5.6 - 6.3) If The PH fluctuations between reservoir changes is so great that it causes your plants to claw, you need to look at the cause of those fluctuations rather than the fluctuations themselves.

That leaves Nitrogen issues as suggested by Laurie when you first started this post. I believe this is the area you should concentrate your recovery actions. I think your soup is too hot bro. Are you following the same feeding regiment with the same nutes as you did with your last grow? Reduce your nutes to say 75% and see if that makes a difference. (Provided nute lock out hasn't started to develop). You may need to flush and then start with reduced nutes.

How You Know You Have Nitrogen Toxicity
  • Dark green leaves and foliage
  • Leaf tips turn down, without signs of overwatering
  • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
  • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
  • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses, and cause her to drink more water (and uptake more N)
  • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying.

So, while PH issues may be a symptom of the issues you have I don't believe it is the root cause of your problems. Whatever strain you are growing seems to be sensitive to the amount of nutes you are using. Remember Todd, tune into the plant, not corporate produced feeding schedules.

My recommendation is that you flush for a couple days with only PH'd water (nothing else) and restart using only 50% - 75% of the nutes you currently use.

Last edited:

oldhippy

Hey, you will overcome this. don't feel so blue. It's all going to come to fruition. Proud PaPa days are just around the corner. I see you. I feel you. You're growing as a botanist ... rejoice in that and understand it's a journey ... enjoy brother. God is feeding your soul thereby lifting your spirit. This problem is turning into wisdom real soon, I promise. Peace and love.

Todd

Cultivate Kindness!
thanks for the response. I change my nutes once a week and never in between. i think it may be a heat problem as my temps are getting to 80and above. So i turned my A/C down a bit and hope that works. with this grow, i was using only 50% of the feeding schedule and with the recent nute change, i went to about 75%. Im learning!!!! Thanks OH!

oldhippy

thanks for the response. I change my nutes once a week and never in between. i think it may be a heat problem as my temps are getting to 80and above. So i turned my A/C down a bit and hope that works. with this grow, i was using only 50% of the feeding schedule and with the recent nute change, i went to about 75%. Im learning!!!! Thanks OH!
Cool. Heat can definitely cause this. Environmental temps (Reservoir @ 68* & @ 68* to 70* in the grow room itself.) Maintaining environmental temps is the most expensive aspect of utilizing these grow boxes. Literature suggests that these boxes use little electricity, comparatively speaking that in itself is true. The cost of air conditioners, chillers, etc., contribute greatly to the overall costs, all relative to where you are geographically and the environment you need to control. Not swallowing that pill of high electricity bills and keeping reservoirs, grow box interiors and the grow rooms themselves at higher temps will most definitely be a factor in plant health, as well as both the quality and quantity of your harvest. It could even cause your plants to hermie. You short change the temps, you short change your grow. It's that simple. It's a matter of personal priorities and none of us can second guess those. God bless you brother. I wish you the best on your quest to totally control your grow environment. Peace and Love.