1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Humidity & Fan Question

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by Fulla, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Fulla

Fulla New Member

Hi I am looking for some advice on humidity. My temps range from 70-80 depending on the outside temp. I do not have anything to measure humidity but I am assuming it is low in the chamber.
    Can I just leave a bowl in the grow chamber to increase the humidity? I was thinking that the heat from the light would help evaporate the water and increase the humidity.
    My other question is in regards to the fan in the grow chamber. Is it really needed? And if so can anyone advise on what specification fan I can look for? I ask as I am in Europe and if I buy from BC will have import duties and I am assuming I can get the required fan from eBay or amazon.
    Thanks for your advise.
  2. Kumate

Kumate Well-Known Member

Don't assume the box humidity is low. Once your plants have even a small amount of vegetation going on the humidity jumps up fast! I have one of these inside my box, and another outside to compare room and box relative humidity.

https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-0061...d=1496871023&sr=8-4&keywords=humidity monitor

As for the fan, it is so needed that quite a few people add in a second fan. As far as what kind of fan, really any small fan like this will do.

https://www.amazon.com/Comfort-Zone...496871197&sr=8-6&keywords=small fans electric

Of course you could but a nicer one, maybe even an oscillating one. I only run one fan at the moment myself, but will most likely get a second one for under the canopy.
    gregsta likes this.
  3. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

Air movement is a valuable tool in cannabis cultivation. In a BB one fan is more than adiquite to provide good air movement for strong sturdy stocks and to help keep the co2 moving around. It also helps to keep the humidity controlled throughout the entire box. What you don't want is moisture between your leaves growing white powder mildew or mold. Air movement helps prevent this aswell.
    gregsta likes this.
  4. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

As for what fan? It need be a 120 volt
  5. Fulla

Fulla New Member

Great thank you. Fan ordered and should arrive shortly and I have also ordered a thermometer with humidity sensor to keep an eye on things.
    gregsta and James Marsden like this.
  6. Todd

Todd Member

what are the best humidity levels ?
  7. Michelesoymn

Michelesoymn New Member

Makes a huge difference too, great upgrade to do. Check online too might be able to get the whole fan set up on CL if your local yard doesnt turn up anything.