Is BCNL cabinets worth it?

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by Beaner, May 10, 2016.

?

Is BCNL cabinets worth it?

1. All

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. All

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Beaner

Beaner New Member

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie and I am doing my resource before I pull the trigger. I am torn between the BloomBox Royale and a Supercloset. First off I would like to say I enjoy the forum. Very informative. I see pros and cons with both. I am leaning toward the BloomBox but you spend $3200 for it and I see you should change air stones, get a water chiller and get a moniter for your ph, total conductivity and temp. I know these are helpful but paying this much do you think this should come with it? What works better in the boxs LED or HPS? IF LEDs work better why is there not a option for them. Any thoughts would be great appreciated.
  2. SerenityReef

SerenityReef The Tinkerer

In the end I personally wish I would have done the Bloombox with a few picked extra's, I wouldn't do the Royal again.

Yes you have mods depending on your environment, but I suggest you get a real world experience and then mod. In my world there is not a comparison between a closet and the box, but that's just personal preference. Once I did my mods to the box, I have been nothing but happy.
    Farmer J and miked851 like this.
  3. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

I went the route of the big extra but looking back I would have been more happy with the big mac (mother ship/producer) instead. I don't like the Air intake for the BloomBox Flower chamber, the fan is trying to pull air through a straw. I just feel the Bloom Box is trying to do too many things at one time. KISS is the best method of all and the producer or room mate do a better job of that. With that said, If I wanted a filling cabinet with extension cords and powerbar timers I would have built my own. Professionalism, cleanliness and easy design for the BCNL product vs the supercloset is no contest. If your looking for stealth, well I'm sorry BCNL this Box is not stealth by any means and with the ducting and booster fans I've had to run to control temps its not exactly easy to just hide any more. If its easy to hide stealth your looking for go with a tent and tear it down fold it up if you have to hide it. If you've never grown before I will let you in on a secret. You wont hid it from anyone living in your house, so if this is the plan buy a Killo with your 3,000 and wait till you can set up a room later.

Another factor for me was the fact that I live in CANADA so bringing a closet over the border I didn't like the idea of.
    JoJo likes this.
  4. miked851

miked851 Member

Hey Serenity, I started a conversation with you because I didn't want to jack the thread at all. I would highly appreciate your advice based on your experience with BCNL.
  5. Green Doctor

Green Doctor Retired and lovin' it.

Well worth it. Started with the BB royal and got it got me started. If I had advice before <like on here>, I wouldn't do the royal either.
    Mine paid for itself within a year, and it's been since oct 2014 when I started. It's gravy from here on out...
    JoJo and James Marsden like this.
  6. miked851

miked851 Member

What in the royale is not worth? Or maybe the better question is what is that money better spent on? Water chiller? I want either a roommate or a bloombox, but I want to make sure I order the right package and then order whatever else I need to round out the whole system.
  7. James Marsden

If you have the space for the BB I would go with a Producer. Same money, more product. You dont get the advantage of a mother but if your looking at the roommate (no mother chamber) but willing to pay for a BB Id buy a producer. I love my machines just wish I had of thought about HOW MUCH heat they produce. And just an FYI the fans are not quite nor is the air pump. Any one have a DB reading on how much noise they make?
    JoJo and miked851 like this.
  8. SerenityReef

9. James Marsden

10. Beaner

Beaner New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice. Seem like I need to call a agent
    James Marsden likes this.
  11. SerenityReef

Tell the reps we helped! Maybe we can get a discount on our next purchase
    JoJo and James Marsden like this.
  12. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

docgreen likes this.
  13. docgreen

docgreen IG: @rangi_kijani

Good. Competition drives quality. Both in terms of products and related customer service.
  14. GreenZ

GreenZ Well-Known Member

3’ tall with LED, sure it’ll work great... borderline fraud if you ask me, but I’m seeing these same type of super small new systems all over the place.
  15. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

I find it plausible to get 4oz in there. Like if @McLovin grew a Malawi cross