1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Just My Thoughts ( trying to help)

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by JIM KESSLER, Nov 19, 2014.

1. JIM KESSLER

JIM KESSLER New Member

I per sonally believe that many people are scared of hydro because of misconceptions that too much can go wrong too fast. That being said this forum is the best I've seen.I don't post much but I read a lot.Get as much info as humanly possible before starting your grow and by the time you harvest thing you didn't understand will click .A little common sense will carry you through.If you think you're gonna make a mistake you probably will.Don't get nervous. There are several books on growing but the one I believe is a must have is Marajuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes. I believe it's 30 bucks. It will become your everyday bible. Now to the finished product there are several storing methods for your bud but my 2 favorites are the hydromate and the cvault. the hydromate is dark glass and has a boveda pack to keep your bud supple and fresh. the cvault is stainless steel wil a boveda pack in the lid. if I have any more thoughts i'll post later. good growing all and have a great day.
    gregsta, OneSlayer, Ryan j and 4 others like this.
  2. ihop120

ihop120 Can't stop the hop

totally agree..this forum has helped me tremendously, alot of members on here know their stuff and it shows. it was intimidating for me at first but like you said,all i read was hydro is hard to do and the grow boxes are a bad idea.etc.etc....but by reading, asking questions, and not just flipping ur switch on and not checking on ur plants til its time to change water will get ya along way...ive read posts by people who hate on these boxes because they think you literally just flip the switch and walk away...thats just not how it works...im a noob but damn ive learned alot here
    gregsta, JIM KESSLER, Randy and 2 others like this.
  3. McLovin

McLovin Free Old Hippie

Nicely put, Mr. Kessler. Your recommendations are spot on.
    gregsta, JIM KESSLER and Randy like this.
  4. OneSlayer

OneSlayer I Have The Munchies

I have been reading these postings since the start of the forums and have learned a lot.
    And I agree that information is power .
    I have watched so many videos while I have been gearing up for my equipment to arrive.
  5. JIM KESSLER

JIM KESSLER New Member

I know this is a weird place for this but i'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a BOUNTIFUL New Year
    donna becker, Todd, gregsta and 2 others like this.
  6. OneSlayer

Thanks .. Happy Holidays to you and your family
  7. Marc

Marc Well .... it will either work or it won't

Thanks Jim and a very merry Christmas to you.
    ihop120 likes this.
  8. noob420

noob420 Well-Known Member

Hey guys

New member here. Just picked up a producer off CL for $1500. Figurer it was a solid investment at this price. Just found this forum and I thought I would sign up. Looks like there a lot of members starting grows recently. Should be getting clones in about 2 weeks. I need to learn as much as possible by then and hopefully have a good first harvest.

Happy growing :)
    Marc likes this.
  9. OneSlayer

Welcome to the forum noob420 ! ! !
    Great deal on the Producer :)
    There are lots of active people on here.
    There is also lots of info here , just look through the forum and if you have questions someone will respond.
    JIM KESSLER and Marc like this.
  10. Marc

Welcome aboard. .......
  11. Marc

What kind of clones you going to start with?
  12. noob420

Hey thanks for the kind welcome guys. I was gonna do a closet grow with a tent. But after lights, tent ,filter ,nutrients etc. Your at about $700. Saw this gold package producer never used with T5 light upgrade on CL for $2000. Managed to snag it for $1500. Needless to say I'm stoked!!!

I'm going to start with purple kush. I have been told by a friend who grows to go with this. He is the same person I will be getting the clones from. I'm located in BC about 30 Mins away from BCNL warehouse. But from looking on this forum looks like I won't be getting much help from them?

So do I want the room this is going in to be cool? I was going to put it in my garage. I also have a bedroom I could use. What's the ideal room temp to have this in?

I also plan on doing the scrog method. I found a grow on another site that looked like it produced good results

Attached Files:

OneSlayer and Marc like this.
  13. ihop120

garage is a bad idea if its not temp controlled,you want your water temp to saty under 73 degrees or root rot is sure too happen.I have mine in a spare bedroom and it works well,and purple kush should be a great strain,my rep gave me a list of really good strains for these boxes and purple kush was in the top 3. happy growing and theres someone here about all the time to help
    Marc likes this.
  14. noob420

So what is the ideal room temp I want ? I'm guessing the spare bedroom will be best? I was hoping I could use the garage in spring /Summer when its not so cold. Its about 5 degrees Celsius here in Vancouver.
  15. OneSlayer

Happy for Ya... It's good to have friends with clones ... It's all about sharing :)
    Any place is good as long as you can control the temp.
    65 degrees is a good start...
    I wish I was that close to BCNL....
    They are great .... Plus there website has lots of info and videos ...
    Give them a call or email them ... They are there to help...
    The forums are new and getting better all the time ...
    Great resource :)
    Have a great day and I'm looking forward to chatting with you ....
  16. ihop120

I try to keep mine 65-68 degrees..spare bedroom will be best for sure..
  17. noob420

Yea that's what I figured too. My other friend said other wise. So glad I found this forum and all you guys. I'm completely new to growing. Never had the chance to. But after getting my medicinal license recently, I figured its time to grow my own. How is everyone's grow going. I saw a lot of posts from November. But no new updates.
  18. ihop120

well mine was goin killer until a runt plant went hermaphrodite on me and I harvested early to keep from destroying my entire crop. went with a new seed co this time after reading a lot of negative things about the seed co I used first,i should've did more research.goin with white widow and girl scout cookies this time
    Marc and OneSlayer like this.
  19. Marc

Well guys would like to bs but I got to be getting. I will check in a little later
    ihop120 likes this.
  20. noob420

Damn sorry to hear about that IHOP. I just got some girl scout cookie from one of the dispensary shops here in van. And its amazing. I hope it works out for you. I am curious how well hybrids work in these boxes? I really do prefer hybrids and sativa over indica strains. I usually only use indica before bed. Thanks again guys!!
    ihop120 and Marc like this.