1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

Just My Thoughts ( trying to help)

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by JIM KESSLER, Nov 19, 2014.

1. noob420

noob420 Well-Known Member

Haha yea the gf said getting the microscope was a bad idea lol. Its actually 30x tho. You are right tho. I'll keep a eye on it.

These are the only type of babies I plan on having for a while haha. I'll stop over worrying, I threw some sticky traps in there to see if anything sticks to them. Have you added any extra fans to your producer?

Even adding the one extra really seems to get the air moving. I'm def gonna grab another one and some how hang it. The fans have a cpl holes that could probably be hung by using zip ties and drilling a cpl small holes along the right side of the box.
  2. OneSlayer

OneSlayer I Have The Munchies

I'll be putting fans in my producer also ... it will give strength to the plants in many ways....
    You are doing everything that you can do for now ... Just let the ladies grow ....Happy Growing
  3. noob420

Yea it def helps

I'm gonna grab one more and I thing it will be perfect. Prob set it right in the middle blowing up. They help a lot! These little 9" fans move the air way better than the one it comes with. Just plugs into the wall. Def gonna get at least 1 more and hang it or put it in the middle blowing directly up. With just one fan. It seems like 15 of the 20 plants aren't getting enough air movement.

They really should have added a cpl more fans to this box. As it is definatley lacking.

I'm positive I figured out my "problem". Its the god damn root hairs lol!

I watched a root under microscope. One with hairs, and the little hairs are moving exactly like I was describing. Same color size etc.

So I'm guessing what I saw was the little root hairs trying to push through.

Phew!!!

However I did notice this. Not exac sure what. Looked at it under microscope. No bugs or anything. Just a yellow dot. On one plant.

I accidwntly mangled a cpl leaves when I turned that fan on last night. Noticed that dot this morning.

Screenshot_2015-01-24-07-55-59.png Screenshot_2015-01-24-08-00-33.png
  4. OneSlayer

That spot looks to perfect like something from the packaging of the fan fell on the plant...LOL
    I received 2 fans with my boxes --- they look like mini isolating fans ... they were a surprise
  5. noob420

Yea that's what I think too. Its too perfectly round. Almost like a water drop burned in. Probably nothing.

Are those the fans that attach to the top,? I'll be grabbing one of those next week as well. $60 is a little steep tho haha.

Get ur box going yet?
  6. OneSlayer

Yes the fans attach at the top ... They are cute little things .... I was surprised they came with the boxes... Early stages with the boxes. Lots of fun to come ... Have a great weekend
  7. noob420

Nice bonus! Have fun, keep us posted!
  8. noob420

Picked up another 4" fan. Finally air movement!!!

Noticed my humidity is at 70% right now. I have the gauge at the bottom of the tub. Not sure if that affects the reading or not.

Would a de humidifier in the room help lower the humidity in the box?

It's very humid here in Vancouver right now. 98% humidity outside.
  9. Marc

Marc Well .... it will either work or it won't

I am sure it would make a difference. Might be a good idea or put a flange on the intake of your box and run some tubing to a different room that is not as humid
  10. Marc

I picked up a flange on amazon for $4.50 for that purpose also to keep light from coming into the box
  11. noob420

Got a pic of the flange?

Yea I'm gonna grab another flange for the intake from bcnl. Would help to be in taking fresh air from outside. Would you need to add a booster fan to the ducting? Or would the intake fan be enough?

Might have to pick up a cheap dehumidifier off craigslist.
  12. Marc

noob420 likes this.
  13. Marc

Probably have to order it with a booster fan cause it's a add on item
  14. OneSlayer

It would make a big difference .... It's 10% humidity here .... I will be using my de-humidifier this summer to keep it at 40% ...
  15. Marc

Ya and as your plants get bigger they will increase the humidity I have noticed. Mine went from single digits to 50% this last month As there water / nutes intake increases
  16. OneSlayer

Wow I didn't know that .... Good to know .... I have the de- humidifier on stand by right next to the units .... Thanks for that info
  17. Marc

I wonder if humidity is really a issue if you have good air movement. I have really never paid much attention to it just kept the air moving try more on keeping heat down. I have yet to get mold.... maybe I am just lucky but my thoughts are weed seems to grow just fine in the tropics
    OneSlayer likes this.
  18. OneSlayer

I think air movement is a plus.... Less chance for moisture to cause mold... Makes sense to me...very true
  19. noob420

Turns out my a/c has a dehumidifier. Decided to run it. Its not crazy loud. But its not quiet either.

I do have bad allergies. So If my neighbors ask, that will be my excuse lol.
  20. noob420

Yea you are probably right. Defintley have good air movement Now. I'll see if it helps. The humidity was reaching 80% in the box. If it is not helping or changing much I'll hold of on running it. But it was about 15 degrees Celsius here today. So a/c is gonna be needed soon.

It does help a lot with the stale air in my room. I need to keep my window open far too wide for my personal liking. This keeps my room temp down, alows me to have the window locked and only open a few inches, and the air smells a lot better in there now. That medi one smells pretty nasty lol.