Purple Glue Journal

Timbitz84

Hey neighbors🤗🌼
Started the journey again, summer grow still providing 🤗 but I miss the grow. Started reading others journals and the wonderful pictures and got the bug🌻
Had some issues at the end and had to take a step back. Water pump seemed to fail at the end but after tinkering this week found it just won't pump the last gallon of water out but worked perfect other then that so ordering a back up but I think it'll run np. Found a problem with the air pump/ hose. The end of last grow the Rez was grey and just not good. Roots looked suffocated. Of course I panicked and didn't take pictures. It was 4 days into flush and I only looked on day 1 and day 4. I actually couldn't believe what happened. Buds lacked flavour and it was a little upsetting but still put me to sleep so I'm really not complaining but I couldn't stop wondering.🤔🤔
Had it all cleaned and testing on Monday and noticed the air stone was weak and not really doing its job. Had a spare, and it did the same thing. Tested stones on different pumped and worked great. Found that the air line was being pinched in the bottom corner of the resovoir. Fixed that and worked perfectly. Not sure how long that happened but my assumption is the last 4 days of the grow.. I had already bought a bigger air pump so I took the one in the top out. Still plugged in but eliminated the air hose from the top. And the new pump seems to be making bubbles like I've never seen, so I'm hoping the roots are happier with that decision. Trying a run without the aquarium chiller. It almost never turned on in the heat of summer and I'm pretty optimistic that the water temp will be ok. It's slightly colder in the room and the LED's really don't add much heat to worry.
We'll see🤞🤞
Running future harvest for the most part. Keep feeding simple, micro, grow, bloom, cal-mag. H202 for 24hrs at Rez change for weeks 2 and 4. No bennies this time. Still researching but those seem better in the garden anyway 🌼🌼
Strain is a feminized hybrid called Purple Glue, Parents are Gorilla glue and Granddaddy Purple. I'm excited🤗🤗 8-9 weeks flower so probably closer to 10. No clue how she grows so ill wait to see what to do for training. I usually try to do to much so might just flip the switch!!
Seeds soaked for 36 hrs, taproot popped this morning on all 4, had the cubes soaking overnight in 5.9ph room temp water. In the dome with bottom heat this morning. Can't wait to show them the light 🤗🤗✌♥

Timbitz84

A little confused. Have the new pump and 4 round air stones. Pump and stones work just ok and if I where a root system I'd complain about dissolved oxygen. I put another gallon for 5 and it improved a little bit. My concern now is the distance from the bottom of the pot to the water level. Thinking the rockwool will be getting splashed and become saturate? I put in a bone dry 4 inch rockwool cube this morning to see what happens in 24 hours. I feel like the space is ok but not sure. I was a little nervous taking this picture 😂
Screenshot_20210215_063924_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_compress17.jpg

Timbitz84

Also didn't like how static the water seemed, so put a small pump in the back corner with a hose attached to help move the water. Water temp is cold (13.6c) but no lights on yet. The laundry room is a little colder then the rest of the house but the furnace guy is hopefully going to help me out that this week.

McLovin

I also add more water to raise the level up closer to the net pots. Seems to help drop the roots faster as they sense the droplets. That’s why it’s not good to top feed if you don’t have to, the timed watering twice a day is plenty. Are you using Mantis nutes? If so, a circulating pump is a good idea. Btw, I get them under the light as soon as they are in their rockwool. If you delay that step you’ll get stretched out stems. Good luck on your new strain. Sounds scrumptious!

Timbitz84

Future harvest for food. One seed slowly bending but no visual for the rest. Rockwool isnt soaked after 5 hours, lightly on the bottom I was expecting worse. I can't see it getting drenched as long asI don't top feed. I like them under the light as soon as they hatch. I've tried to start under t5s but they have a hard time adjusting for me. Plus I need the lights full strength to keep the temp up so sound advice getting them under that light asap👊

Timbitz84

All 4 out this morning. Humidity is low in the box. The whole house is dry actually. Turned lights on 100%. Left them in the dome with the lid open. The 4 inch rockwool isnt soaked not even really wet so I think I'm good with 5 gallons in there. Made a little mark with the sharpie inside the resovoir. Might be easier to gauge how much or little they drink up. Going to get the humidifier going beside the box and soak the rockwool in 1/4 strength nutes today.

Timbitz84

Roots through all the little rw
IMG_20210217_092907.jpg
this am!! I think that's a record for me! Having humidity issues. Dry winter air, can't get humidity past 30%. Plugged in the humidifier beside box. I generally don't like to keep them covered once they hatch but it's to dry in the box. This has worked in the past with my tomato plants so I'll see how it works. Drilled a few holes so they get some air. Forgot to add nutrients when i soaked the big rockwool 💨🥴 unplugged the auto water, Rez filled up, ppm 205,ph 5.6 water temp 15c. Temp in box is 20c( lights on) (16 lights off)(low I think) might set the clock ahead 12 hrs on the box and have lights on during night.

Timbitz84

Why can't I just leave it alone! After soaking the big rockwool, I left it out overnight to rid of some water. Those cubes hold so much!! and these little gals don't need that much. RW super heavy after and alot of water on the pots. Looka like lots ah lil splashes 🌊, probably overthinking but I had a thought to close the valve on the air pump a little. Still lots of bubbles but I think the pump on full bore with no Roots showing is not necessary 🤷 rez nice and clean so I think I'm winning so far 🤞
3 is the number of gals I want in there so I planted 4. Husk didn't come off one
IMG_20210218_114055_compress34.jpg
so I wanted to try. BAd idea but check it out!! All that was left was the stem and the two green specs in the middle!! I'll turn her into an outdoor beast if she makes it!! Always liked tough girls 😂✌

Timbitz84

Humidity issue. Not sure what more I can do at this point? Have a humidifier going full time but only bringing up to 50 percent in the room itself. Laundry room has heat now but it's a double edge sword. Need the room a bit warmer but it's dry. That temperature swing isn't accurate. Had the door to outside open while replacing the hot water tank. Moved the droopy one yesterday. Alot of splashing in that back right corner. Haven't watered at all. Pots feel a little heavy but I pretty sure they're not saturated. Going to leave the door box open. See if the humidity comes up in a cpl hrs. Rez nice and clean still😊😊

Timbitz84

IMG_20210226_075109.jpg
IMG_20210226_075109.jpg
So root taproot showing this am. Also some weird white slime on the airstones. Ph 5.7 water temp 19c. Ppm 250. Time to clean her out,🤞🤞 anyone see this stuff b4?

Timbitz84

Started week 1 this am. Ppm 615, ph 6.1. look droopy and over watered. Pots feel light through. Can't seem to figure this stage out with hydro. Hoping they take off now that there is good root growth. Probably pull the plug on the back if it doesn't do something by the end of the week. Hasn't popped roots and that back corner is cursed anyway😂 my light leak phobia is no better but Rez is clean no weird gunk since last clean-out. 🤞👍
IMG_20210306_095300.jpg
IMG_20210306_095222.jpg
IMG_20210306_095242.jpg

Timbitz84

So done with hydro. It's not even fun anymore, constantly dealing with slime and gunk. Shouldn't be this difficult. Can't stand this thing.. plants start growing and I'm having to take it all apart to clean slime. Just to do it again a week later. Maybe I'll just throw some pots with soil in there and see what happens. So long hydro, not for me..

R.Whitebear

Before you tap out try changing up the nutrients I had problems when I started out with future harvest try one part style so much easier

McLovin

So done with hydro. It's not even fun anymore, constantly dealing with slime and gunk. Shouldn't be this difficult. Can't stand this thing.. plants start growing and I'm having to take it all apart to clean slime. Just to do it again a week later. Maybe I'll just throw some pots with soil in there and see what happens. So long hydro, not for me..
That’s very unique. You can definitely go soil with the box but it won’t be as convenient as a dialed in hydro box. The only thing you haven’t tried is different nutrients as @R.Whitebear suggested. It could very well be your issue.