Seed Germinate step 1-flowering

Discussion in 'Grow Box Q&A' started by Kimba, May 7, 2019.

1. Kimba

Kimba New Member

I am having bad luck using my Roommate. I have never used the box because after I germinate my seeds after a week in veg out of 4 baby’s 1 survived I then germinated 3 more put them in the box the new 3 died the oldest 1 still living but haven’t matured now 1 month 2 weeks the plant isn’t growing. So I bought digital Thermometer because I know we have had some hot days box reading 88-90 degrees. But any advice is good. Do I buy germinates box to hold the baby’s until the roots break through the Rockwell cub. Right now I’m stuck and frustrated. Any advice is welcome post threads is good to.
  2. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

90° is hot and probably killing your seedlings. As for the one living and not growing? Are you using soil or hydro? Is this an led box or standard bulbs?
    If the room temp cannot be brought down to 70-72 a standard lamp will be too hot for flowering and you need to get the temp under control.
    First suggestion to get your seeds growing is turn down the lights. Second, if your getting the to germinate how long are they living? How are you germinating and what is your next step?
    JoseR and Farmer J like this.
  3. Kimba

Kimba New Member

I am using Roommate hydro
  4. James Marsden

Ok good start, room mate hydro, so your running MH in hydro.
    Maybe you could answer a few of the questions asked then I can help you move forward.
    What stage are you in right now?
  5. Kimba

Kimba New Member

I am still in Veg stage the seeds want make it 2 weeks inside my Roommate.
  6. James Marsden

Have you turned down the ballast and got the temp below 80?
    What is your water feed schedule?