Soil to Hydroponic can it be done?

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by HighHopes, May 2, 2019.

1. HighHopes

HighHopes New Member

Hey Guys!

This might be a dumb question but I have experience as an outdoor soil grower, I am about to try my first indoor grow in a BCNL BloomBox. I just received my BloomBox but before I knew I was getting this beauty I had already germinated some seeds and got them going in peat pots under some T5 lights. Anyways my question is can I convert these plants to the hydroponic system? Or should I be passing them on to some friends and starting some new seeds?

Thanks in advance
  2. GreenZ

GreenZ Well-Known Member

Like the little pucks, or bigger?

If it’s the little pucks I’d just try to remove the dirt you can easily and drop it into RW cube. Once roots are through and getting fed by the water below the top won’t matter.
  3. HighHopes

HighHopes New Member

Yes they are just in those little pucks you soak in water. You would just rinse the roots out in water?
  4. GreenZ

GreenZ Well-Known Member

I would just place that puck into a 5” RW cube and remove the mesh so the roots can grow into/ through the RW cube.
  5. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

Or just use expanded clay pebbles (hydroton) instead of rockwool
    James Marsden and docgreen like this.
  6. docgreen

docgreen IG: @rangi_kijani

Or Growstones :cool:
    Farmer J likes this.
  7. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

Dont pull the mesh off the puck. You can use them without any issue I would think. Drop the plug in one of the media choices these lovely people have laid out for you and drop them into a basket and off to the BB. Have fun and let us know how it works out. I see no reason it wouldn't work. I definitely would not try to remove the soil from the roots tho, cannabis roots as very soft when young.
    Farmer J and docgreen like this.
  8. HighHopes

HighHopes New Member

Thanks everyone! I left the screen on the pucks and dropped them in Rockwell cubes. They are in the BloomBox doing great. Roots are healthy as hell. It’s been a couple of weeks now and nobody from BCNL are responding to my messages. I’m still trying to get into the members area of this forum. It’s a frustrating process what’s their deal?
    James Marsden likes this.
  9. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

... they monitor the forum even if they say they dont. I'll watch my tung. They want your money. If you call then and place an order for a box you can have access before the purchase gets to your house. It's a safety for member thing. It's nice when your protected but sux when your the one standing at the door and it's cold and rainy.
    Farmer J likes this.