Week one vegetation 6 gallons half nutes

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
When I top my babies can I use them for clones and one of the ones I topped can I use for a mother
Brother, the answer is yes. Your mother plant is to be your best plant out of the bunch. You just need one. You'll be taking the clones from your mother plant. If you have other strains you would want one mother for each strain.

oldhippy

Hey what’s going on how have you been my babies are doing wonderful thanks for ur advice for me to move them to grow side and half nutes, and so you know my vegetative have rock stones too, But anyways after the first week of the half nutes what to do the second week with, should I start with first week full nutes or Second week full nutes.
Keep them on 1/2 nutes until the roots drop into the water then start week one of veg at full strength.

oldhippy

LOL, Peace and Love my dear friend. Peace and Love. You are doing fine. We're all watching you man. It's going to be amazing.

oldhippy

Get that chiller install done as soon as you can. If your water temps are running 80* all this is for nothing. Try to get it done before the roots reach the water.

eggyb34

Get that chiller install done as soon as you can. If your water temps are running 80* all this is for nothing. Try to get it done before the roots reach the water.
I’ve been doing OK I got my boom box directly over my AC unit vent is located in the floor

oldhippy

I haven’t been checking since the last time
Dude, if you want to utilize the full potential of your investment, at the least, you should always be aware of your grow environment, including water temp. I ask because I've never heard of someone putting a grow bow over floor ac vent. common sense suggests it should make a difference. I just don't want you spending money on a chiller if it isn't necessary. It may not be enough to cool the reservoir to 68* .... maybe it could make just enough of a difference. anyway, that's why I ask. Peace and Love

eggyb34

Dude, if you want to utilize the full potential of your investment, at the least, you should always be aware of your grow environment, including water temp. I ask because I've never heard of someone putting a grow bow over floor ac vent. common sense suggests it should make a difference. I just don't want you spending money on a chiller if it isn't necessary. It may not be enough to cool the reservoir to 68* .... maybe it could make just enough of a difference. anyway, that's why I ask. Peace and Love
I haven’t been checking the water temperature because there’s really nothing I can do about it until I get my water chiller I tried to put frozen water bottles in it for the time being but I’m going to purchase the water chiller as soon as I get funds Thanks you guys are a big help

R.Whitebear

Here’s my setup
913A35C1-6BBB-40D8-A03B-416765BE8F7C.jpeg
913A35C1-6BBB-40D8-A03B-416765BE8F7C.jpeg
2BF7F71B-E55C-4868-85FD-E7B097AECD04.jpeg

SK Grower

We grow without a chiller because we have good AC and I can consistently keep our room temps around 23c which then has the water at 20.5 - 21.5. We use plantacilin as well and have never had a single problem. When I use the PPM meter each day, I also press the temp button on it to check the rez. As old hippy says, you need to be checking temps frequently, and certainly would be doing so before investing in more gear. Chillers I’m sure are great, but it’s a chunk of change if you may have already solved with better room temps.

You should always know your temps, PPM and PH. You can use very cheap manual meters for that, or get equipment to monitor at all times.

Here is a link to an example https://futureharvest.com/products/introducing-the-all-new-growboss-2-0

You don’t need to spend this kind of money to do these functions, but it’s one way to know at all times at a glance. Happy growing!

eggyb34

We grow without a chiller because we have good AC and I can consistently keep our room temps around 23c which then has the water at 20.5 - 21.5. We use plantacilin as well and have never had a single problem. When I use the PPM meter each day, I also press the temp button on it to check the rez. As old hippy says, you need to be checking temps frequently, and certainly would be doing so before investing in more gear. Chillers I’m sure are great, but it’s a chunk of change if you may have already solved with better room temps.

You should always know your temps, PPM and PH. You can use very cheap manual meters for that, or get equipment to monitor at all times.

Here is a link to an example https://futureharvest.com/products/introducing-the-all-new-growboss-2-0

You don’t need to spend this kind of money to do these functions, but it’s one way to know at all times at a glance. Happy growing!
Wow I will have to drill holes

eggyb34

week two Half nutes 13 gallons just clean my reservoir it was a little disgusting my temperatures in my water are reaching 74°F my bb is not running hot as of last week that’s because I had the week off I was able to open and ventilatte,we’ll see how it differs this is week two I’m still trying to reach my vegetation state Waiting for my roits to do their thang😏

Attachments

• E2614F76-BB3D-4C5A-A527-0943F938FF4D.jpeg
    E2614F76-BB3D-4C5A-A527-0943F938FF4D.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 21BC8C66-FB2A-47D3-A89C-204C679267C5.jpeg
    21BC8C66-FB2A-47D3-A89C-204C679267C5.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 26

oldhippy

week two Half nutes 13 gallons just clean my reservoir it was a little disgusting my temperatures in my water are reaching 74°F my bb is not running hot as of last week that’s because I had the week off I was able to open and ventilatte,we’ll see how it differs this is week two I’m still trying to reach my vegetation state Waiting for my roits to do their thang😏
when I’m changing my reservoir water should I cut off my air Stone bubbles when there’s no water in the reservoir?????
Dude, that's all good news. 74* is a lot better than the 80* you mentioned before. When you hook up the water chiller you can lower that to the preferred 68* and have peace of mind whether the door is opened or not. You will want the door to stay closed once you begin to use CO2.

You do not need to shut off the air stones when changing the reservoir. Water pumps are a different story. However, after you hook up your chiller, you would want to turn off that water pump during reservoir changes to avoid damage thereof. water pumps should not be on without water running through them.

I see a few roots stretching toward the water .... yeah!! that's the plan Stan.

Peace and Love.

eggyb34

Dude, that's all good news. 74* is a lot better than the 80* you mentioned before. When you hook up the water chiller you can lower that to the preferred 68* and have peace of mind whether the door is opened or not. You will want the door to stay closed once you begin to use CO2.

You do not need to shut off the air stones when changing the reservoir. Water pumps are a different story. However, after you hook up your chiller, you would want to turn off that water pump during reservoir changes to avoid damage thereof. water pumps should not be on without water running through them.

I see a few roots stretching toward the water .... yeah!! that's the plan Stan.

Peace and Love.
oh I understand completely big brah so basically when there’s no water in the reservoir or even going through the pumps I should unplug my water pump To be on the safe side, Yeah and one more thing i was using water from my water hose because it’s a little easier than the bathtub so it runs hot at the beginning because it’s outside that’s why my degrees hit 80 Fahrenheit instead of cold water but I see a water Chilller is a must and CO2 So I have to get a fan, CO2 and water chiller. Then I will be successful all around

eggyb34

oh I understand completely big brah so basically when there’s no water in the reservoir or even going through the pumps I should unplug my water pump To be on the safe side, Yeah and one more thing i was using water from my water hose because it’s a little easier than the bathtub so it runs hot at the beginning because it’s outside that’s why my degrees hit 80 Fahrenheit instead of cold water but I see a water Chilller is a must and CO2 So I have to get a fan, CO2 and water chiller. Then I will be successful all around
T5 lights will be here tomorrow