1. Please note effective Jan 27, 2020 the BCNL Public Forums will no longer allow new threads or comments. The content will remain for review for the time being as we work towards creating an up-to-date FAQ based on the information shared in the forums. Registered BCNL customers will still have access to the Members Only Forums where we will be pleased to support you.

What do you do with leaves?

Discussion in 'Indoor Growing' started by Blindgrinder, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Blindgrinder

Blindgrinder Member

Just wondering what to do with all these leaves I've trimmed. I'm new at this so I have a lot of questions.
  2. SerenityReef

SerenityReef The Tinkerer

Farmer J likes this.
  3. James Marsden

James Marsden Well-Known Member

Juice your fan leaves. Full of goodness. or feed to livestock.
    Farmer J and alltatup like this.
  4. Blindgrinder

Blindgrinder Member

Thanks Serenity. I've been bagging them and discarding by placing them inside of an empty dog food bag and tossing into adumpster. I keep the sugar coated leaves for obvious reasons. I just wondered if they could be used for anything since it seems like I spend a lot of time trimming.
  5. Blindgrinder

Blindgrinder Member

6. James Marsden

????? did I miss something???
  7. Blindgrinder

Blindgrinder Member

12133, member: 1136"]Thanks Serenity. I've been bagging them and discarding by placing them inside of an empty dog food bag and tossing into adumpster. I keep the sugar coated leaves for obvious reasons. I just wondered if they could be used for anything since it seems like I spend a lot of time trimming.[/QUOTE]
  8. James Marsden

Are you having a hard time? or are you trying to tell us something ?
  9. Blindgrinder

Blindgrinder Member

No, I'm just stupid about all this posting and texting. Just trying to say thanks for the tip on juicing.
    sue, James Marsden and SerenityReef like this.
  10. Green Doctor

Green Doctor Retired and lovin' it.

Juicing huh? My ice hash wasn't nearly as good as the buds. Maybe I'll juice it!
  11. Green Doctor

Poor guy...you'll get it. And don't be afraid to ask us. We're your new family.

Warts and all...
    Farmer J and James Marsden like this.
  12. SerenityReef

Juice like compost or teas?
  13. Green Doctor

SWMBO has a juicer, so we'll make a juice and add celery, carrots, <she'll add beets to hers - YUK!>.
    Then when it tastes like shit, I'll find a dog food bag to toss them out next time.
    James Marsden likes this.
  14. alltatup

alltatup Guest

It can't taste any stronger than juiced kale... Just add some carrots to sweeten it up, and gulp it down!!
  15. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

True story. Chickens love them!
    James Marsden and alltatup like this.
  16. SerenityReef

My puppy doesnt mind them, through she'll steal and hide stems...
    alltatup and James Marsden like this.
  17. James Marsden

It wont get you stoned but the medicinal properties have been said to do wonders for your GI and immune system.
  18. Farmer J

Farmer J @onelunggrows

Tommy Chong said he cured his prostate cancer with it and eating Rick Simpson oil
  19. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Great to know , thanks for sharing.
  20. alltatup

alltatup Guest

Just made my first batch of dry ice hash: it turned out great! I saved all the sugar leaves I trimmed, dried them in a paper bag to around 60 RH, kept them in a jar for another couple of weeks and wicked them daily to make sure they didn't smell funky. See http://www.growweedeasy.com/dry-ice-hash
    sue and JJBud like this.