White Rhino- 1st grow in BloomBox

Austin P

Good morning all! I am a few days away from my BB being delivered. I am relatively new to growing as I was one of the many duped into the Seedo scam. I actually received 2 different units as my first one was DOA. I got through 3 grows and had LOTS of issues. From nute burn, no watering, mold and aphids from some infected clones I bought from a crappy dispensary. I am excited that BCNL offers more opportunity to adjust things than the Seedo did. My current plan is to germinate 15 seeds (5 of each strain), pick the healthiest Rhino and NL to mothers and transfer the next 9 strongest plants when possible. I am going to attempt the paper towel method as CropKingSeeds suggested but I wanted to ask (not sure this is the right place) if people have success germinating in the unit itself.

I’m excited for this grow. I have been poking around this forum and it looks super cool to be able to communicate with other users for support.

R.Whitebear

First off if you're doing different strains make sure the flowering time is the same EI 8 weeks paper towel works haven't been too lucky with my seed from jorden of the Island using that method. Is there another method let me know

Austin P

First off if you're doing different strains make sure the flowering time is the same EI 8 weeks paper towel works haven't been too lucky with my seed from jorden of the Island using that method. Is there another method let me know
Both the white rhino and master kush look like a 7-9 week flower time and the NL is estimated 7-8. With them all being indica dominant, do you think they are good candidates to grow together? Thank you in advance for the advice.

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
As a beginner, I strongly suggest you stick to just one strain. You have quite the learning curve facing you as you become familiar with your new box. Of your three strains I can tell you that Northern Lights is a hearty strain that bounces back from newbie mistakes fairly easy. I have seen many people struggle when growing multiple strains. Eyes wide open brother, you are already making choices that will make your grow difficult. That said, all of us here wish you the very best and welcome you to the forum. We hope you share with us via a posted journal. I look forward to it. Peace and love brother. One thing is for sure .... Ganja!! Ganja!! Ganja!! lol. Enjoy the process my new friend. (The grow pictured in my avatar is Northern Lights)

Last edited:

laurie

Good morning all! I am a few days away from my BB being delivered. I am relatively new to growing as I was one of the many duped into the Seedo scam. I actually received 2 different units as my first one was DOA. I got through 3 grows and had LOTS of issues. From nute burn, no watering, mold and aphids from some infected clones I bought from a crappy dispensary. I am excited that BCNL offers more opportunity to adjust things than the Seedo did. My current plan is to germinate 15 seeds (5 of each strain), pick the healthiest Rhino and NL to mothers and transfer the next 9 strongest plants when possible. I am going to attempt the paper towel method as CropKingSeeds suggested but I wanted to ask (not sure this is the right place) if people have success germinating in the unit itself.

I’m excited for this grow. I have been poking around this forum and it looks super cool to be able to communicate with other users for support.
✌ Welcome to the forum @Austin P
I was brand new to growing when buying the RoomMate a year ago - so still lots to learn myself ! Currently on my 4th grow and still loving it. You will find great support and advice here. Sounds like you've had some prior issues - well - the BCNL box will do a great job.
I do the paper towel method - then into rapid rooters - and into the box under light as soon as she pokes up from the rapid rooter. I dim my LEDs to 33% and work my way up over 7 days. I keep them in a smaller dome inside the box until roots drop from rapid rooter -then into the large Rockwool in the baskets and into their holes/ home.
Happy Growin ✌

oldhippy

Hey my friend. I did this trim 3 weeks into flower. It's called lollipoping. 8" up from the base. Then just concentrate on bud development.

oldhippy

From your picture I clearly should do a ton more trimming b4 I flip to.flower?? My first grow and I'd like to be looking like that in 8 weeks
Right now just remove those leaves that block other parts of the plant from getting light. Mainly the larger leaves. Just give them a little haircut every now and then. 3 weeks into flower switch gears with lollipoping. Peace and love bro.

oldhippy

✌ Welcome to the forum @Austin P
I was brand new to growing when buying the RoomMate a year ago - so still lots to learn myself ! Currently on my 4th grow and still loving it. You will find great support and advice here. Sounds like you've had some prior issues - well - the BCNL box will do a great job.
I do the paper towel method - then into rapid rooters - and into the box under light as soon as she pokes up from the rapid rooter. I dim my LEDs to 33% and work my way up over 7 days. I keep them in a smaller dome inside the box until roots drop from rapid rooter -then into the large Rockwool in the baskets and into their holes/ home.
Happy Growin ✌
Hey Laurie, another helpful post ,,, thanks. I don't want you to be offended and hope this will come across with love and understanding. But, it is not necessary to dim LED's when starting from seed. When you start with clones adjusting the LED's becomes necessary only because the clones were produced in a lessor light source and have to acclimate to the brighter LED's. The dome isn't necessary either, as long as you bottom feed as needed. That said, it's obviously working for you but FYI. It would of drove me crazy not to say something. God bless you. I love you Mom. lol

oldhippy

From your picture I clearly should do a ton more trimming b4 I flip to.flower?? My first grow and I'd like to be looking like that in 8 weeks
Just to let you know, you can lollipop in veg as well. It's your garden, run it the way you feel the most content. Tune into the plant, not internet chatter. Feel it brother. Be it. Peace and love.

laurie

Hey Laurie, another helpful post ,,, thanks. I don't want you to be offended and hope this will come across with love and understanding. But, it is not necessary to dim LED's when starting from seed. When you start with clones adjusting the LED's becomes necessary only because the clones were produced in a lessor light source and have to acclimate to the brighter LED's. The dome isn't necessary either, as long as you bottom feed as needed. That said, it's obviously working for you but FYI. It would of drove me crazy not to say something. God bless you. I love you Mom. lol
✌ @oldhippy - I'll never be offended at your advice. I see where you come from and appreciate your love of the plant.
And yes as you say- its working. I bet we have all done something growing - and when it works- we continue. And sometimes I'm sure it isn't accurate!!! ( the making of bad habits too perhaps )
My original BCNL rep suggested dimming LEDs for the first week and I've just continued- another forum user also suggested it as sometimes the seedlings look less happy at first.
And the dome- well, my climate is cold and super dry. Again its just for a few days while they acclimate to the box, but yes I definitely bottom feed.
Please don't ever stop the advice OH🤗

Austin P

As a beginner, I strongly suggest you stick to just one strain. You have quite the learning curve facing you as you become familiar with your new box. Of your three strains I can tell you that Northern Lights is a hearty strain that bounces back from newbie mistakes fairly easy. I have seen many people struggle when growing multiple strains. Eyes wide open brother, you are already making choices that will make your grow difficult. That said, all of us here wish you the very best and welcome you to the forum. We hope you share with us via a posted journal. I look forward to it. Peace and love brother. One thing is for sure .... Ganja!! Ganja!! Ganja!! lol. Enjoy the process my new friend. (The grow pictured in my avatar is Northern Lights)
So I took your advice and reduced down to one strain. I started germinating the White Rhino fem seeds from CropKing 8 days ago. I got them in rockwool when taproot started.2 days ago I popped them into the 3inch cubes when roots popped through the small plugs. I PHd to 5.5 and soaked the 3inch cubes in 1 gallon of RO with 1ML of grow added. I'm using the silver edition of nutes from BCNL in a BB. Currently have them in the tray on left side with a bottle caps humidifier running when Lights are on to hit 60% RH. Temp during the day is ~72F and ~67F when Lights are off. When Lights are off, humidifier is off. 2 questions I have for you is 1. How much roots should be visible on the bottom of 3inch cubes before I place in net pots and baptize them? 2. Should I be feeding the seedlings anything other than this mix of 1Gal water/1ml GROW? If I mix a gallon to top feed, can I use it over a few days or do I need to discard? I guess that was 3 questions.

oldhippy

So I took your advice and reduced down to one strain. I started germinating the White Rhino fem seeds from CropKing 8 days ago. I got them in rockwool when taproot started.2 days ago I popped them into the 3inch cubes when roots popped through the small plugs. I PHd to 5.5 and soaked the 3inch cubes in 1 gallon of RO with 1ML of grow added. I'm using the silver edition of nutes from BCNL in a BB. Currently have them in the tray on left side with a bottle caps humidifier running when Lights are on to hit 60% RH. Temp during the day is ~72F and ~67F when Lights are off. When Lights are off, humidifier is off. 2 questions I have for you is 1. How much roots should be visible on the bottom of 3inch cubes before I place in net pots and baptize them? 2. Should I be feeding the seedlings anything other than this mix of 1Gal water/1ml GROW? If I mix a gallon to top feed, can I use it over a few days or do I need to discard? I guess that was 3 questions.
What a beautiful day brother. Congrats on getting this far.

Question 1: Go ahead and place the rock wool cubes in the net pots now. When you put the one inch rock wool with tap roots showing into the larger three inch rock wool, did you poke out the bottom center of the three inch rock wool? This will help expedite the growth of your roots. If not, it's ok but it will take longer for your roots to make their way through the rock wool to the nutrient solution in the reservoir. Another tip is to raise your nutrient enriched water level to approximately 1 1/2 inches below the three inch rock wool when the lid of the reservoir is closed. This will entice the roots to grow (reach) the nutrient enriched water faster. At this stage make sure your air stones are working great and producing plenty of bubbles (oxygen). Also turn on the auto water function.

Question 2: Increase the grow to 2ml and also add 2ml of Common to each gallon of H2O.

Question 3: Keeping a back up of nutrient enriched H2O is a great idea. Be sure to keep the "extra" nutrient solution fresh by inserting an air stone in your back up solution to keep it fresh and oxygenated. You know how water taste flat after you leave it out over night? You don't want that. Keep your back up solution fresh. If you do this your solution will be fine until use. Use it until depleted with no concerns.

Rock and roll brother. Love them and they will love you back.

oldhippy

Another tip: Be sure to PH your nutrient solution after you add nutrients .... don't just add nutrients to ph'd water. Know the PH and PPM of your nutrient solution and reservoir and adjust appropriately. Be sure your PH and PPM pens are properly calibrated at all times.

Austin P

What a beautiful day brother. Congrats on getting this far.

Question 1: Go ahead and place the rock wool cubes in the net pots now. When you put the one inch rock wool with tap roots showing into the larger three inch rock wool, did you poke out the bottom center of the three inch rock wool? This will help expedite the growth of your roots. If not, it's ok but it will take longer for your roots to make their way through the rock wool to the nutrient solution in the reservoir. Another tip is to raise your nutrient enriched water level to approximately 1 1/2 inches below the three inch rock wool when the lid of the reservoir is closed. This will entice the roots to grow (reach) the nutrient enriched water faster. At this stage make sure your air stones are working great and producing plenty of bubbles (oxygen). Also turn on the auto water function.

Question 2: Increase the grow to 2ml and also add 2ml of Common to each gallon of H2O.

Question 3: Keeping a back up of nutrient enriched H2O is a great idea. Be sure to keep the "extra" nutrient solution fresh by inserting an air stone in your back up solution to keep it fresh and oxygenated. You know how water taste flat after you leave it out over night? You don't want that. Keep your back up solution fresh. If you do this your solution will be fine until use. Use it until depleted with no concerns.

Rock and roll brother. Love them and they will love you back.
Does the "common" have a different name? I do not have any bottles labeled common.

I have- micro,grow,bloom,super B+,Carboblast, bud bloom and quick roots.

I raised my res like you said so the bubbles are popping on the bottom of the basket- about 1.5 inches down for the water line. I have made a note about hollowing out the 3inch cube prior to transplanting for my next grow when I do Northern Lights from seed. we will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Austin P

Does the "common" have a different name? I do not have any bottles labeled common.

I have- micro,grow,bloom,super B+,Carboblast, bud bloom and quick roots.
I think I got it figured out. In one section of the binder it calls for common in another it lists grow+micro+bloom. Then it says "not common."

Thank you for your help! I'm getting the big chamber set up and will veg in there. Sorry to keep asking questions but do you know if I will have leaking problems running only 5 of the drip stakes? I'm only doing 5 plants and I wasn't sure if the emitter would spray if a drip stake isn't plugged in.

oldhippy

Your Micro is your Common. Micro will be used throughout your grow that's what makes it "Common". I don't know if the emitter will spray if a drip stake isn't plugged in. Always use all of mine. Turn it on to test ...

Last edited: