White Rhino- 1st grow in BloomBox

oldhippy

Turn your problems into wisdom
Ask all the questions you want brother. I did the same thing when I first started. It's all love.

Austin P

I covered the holes nice to make sure no light is getting in the res. This made a nice shelf for the humidifier I'm running in the unit. I ended up figuring out a way to use the drip stakes without spraying every where and they have a place to go so I'm not left with puddles. I really thought I was going to damage the stem when I used the neoprene disks with the net basket. They seem to be doing well. Good green color but they are a bit young to get a good picture just yet.

oldhippy

Proud PaPa!! You're doing great. Step by step and everything will fall into place. It just gets better and better. Rock and roll brother. Peace and love.

Austin P

Here are my babies. Back left is the only one that doesn't have a stake support. It was the last seed to crack but it looks the strongest. the 4 with stakes are 3inch tall and the back left is 1.75 inch tall. I am feeding a 1/4 strength veg week 1 with extra water in the res to bring up water level. 2 humidifiers as I was seeing RH dip to 35% without- the pitcher runs constantly, I let the blue guy cycle off during lights out. I'm using a BT(govee) hygrometer/ temp reader. The app tracks it by month/day/hour and it looks like when lights are on max temp hits 80F and when lights are off min temp hits 67F. Ambient temp in room is 72 and consistent. RH is stabilizing( I had more door open this morning for daily readings and check up) average is 52% when lights are on and up to 70% when lights are off.

20210316_092404.jpg
20210316_092422.jpg
20210316_092413.jpg
20210316_092419.jpg
20210316_092425.jpg
20210316_092408.jpg

oldhippy

Sweet. How are your roots developing? What are your plans for increasing nutrients?

Austin P

3 out of the 5 have a single bright white root coming down into the res approx. 3 inches out of the basket. 1 has a root going sideways on the bottom about 2 inch long and the front middle lady didn't show yet. My plan was to go to 1/2 strength of veg week one at res change this Saturday (3/20/21) -2ml Micro/3ml Grow/1ml bloom in addition to the recommended dose of Hydroguard+ Calmag- should I Add the Super B + and Carbo Blast at 1/2 strength as well? This Res is 8Gal to keep the water level high enough to attract the roots( great recommendation- it worked super quick to pop those bad boys out). I am having some concern about PPM being low(161ppm -322EC) but I attribute it to RO water and running 1/4 strength on nutes. I posted in the Q&A about raising PPM appropriately but haven't seen an answer back. PH still seems to come up to 6.2-6.3 even if I lower it to 5.8 the day before. last night before bed it was reading 6.2 and I didnt add any PH down. This morning( 10 hours later) it was at 6.3. I did the same the day prior but before bed I got it to 5.8 but by morning it was at 6.2. Should I need to add PH down daily/ multiple times a day?

oldhippy

Don't add the Super B until: (starting first week of flower) or Carbo Blast: (starting 2nd week of flower).

As you add more nutes, your ppm will increase. Remember, PPM levels are in addition to your water PPM levels. Your next reservoir change I suggest you start Week 1 Veg at full strength per manual. Your babies have been born, now let us get them growing. Your PPM will rise accordingly.

When you say "Bloom", do you mean "Veg Bloom Plus"?

If you under feed your plants the growth will be stunted. Now that roots are showing and reaching water expedite nutrient increase to reflect recommended feeding schedule per chart in manual that came with your box. Vegetation is a time to develop roots. I feel plant height is secondary to root development. Focus on healthy root development as "healthy roots bear healthy fruits". There is a distinct correlation between the two.

It is not necessary to PH down multiple times daily. The PH needs to fluctuate because the plants absorb specific nutrients at different PH levels. As long as you are in the 5.6 - 6.3 range you're cool.

Love you big. You are doing great.

Austin P

So the silver package had micro,grow,bloom,super B+,Carboblast and bud bloom. These are the only nutes that came with the package. picture of the Bloom below.

The binder week 1 veg calls for super B + at 4ML/gal but no carbo blast. On the Future harvest site " holland secret- for hydro", calls for super B+ at 6ml/gal and Carbo blast at 2ml/gal. Since you are a real life person who has actually grown plants, I trust your direction. I will go with with week 1 full strength without Carbo blast or super B +.

20210316_113029.jpg
20210316_113037.jpg

oldhippy

Wow, wait a minute brother. I feel compelled to yield to the manual that came with your box. I've just compared the feeding schedule that came with my box in 2017 to yours. It seems Future Harvest has changed things up a bit. My advise is from my experience based on using the manual that came with my set up. I'm not educated enough to go against the developers of these products. So, with that said, I change my suggestion to this: On the 20th when you change your reservoir, do so by following the chart for week one of veg as provided by bcnl manual. I followed my manual with great success. For that reason, I suggest you also follow your manual as well. I'm just an old hippy, hell, they're chemists. Follow their advice, I'll be here if you run into problems. My interest in your grow has peaked even more. I will be your shadow brother but re-inventing the wheel was never my intention. God bless you man.

oldhippy

I guess I'm a dinosaur. Keep it simple bro. Follow the manual that came with your box as a general rule. This is the chart that came with my Producer.

WIN_20210316_12_31_35_Pro.jpg

Austin P

God bless you too brother. I will update this thread as things come up. I will roll with the binder direction for veg week 1 on 3/20. I will try and post pictures each week, while I'm changing the res out. I like the ability to go back and look at what was going on. I am also using pen and paper to track info daily for a hard copy journal.

Austin P

Today was first real nutrients introduced. Veek one veg is looking promising. Today is 15 days since I started germinating the seeds in paper towels. These are White Rhino fem from Crop King Seeds. All 5 seeds popped and are alive.Today marks 1 week since I put them in the netpots and in the box. They each had 1 main root coming out of the 1.5in block. I transplanted into the 3 about 10 days ago. No roots were evident coming out of the 3 inch before going into the pot. Front baby's root is now about 14 inches. It's amazing to see how quickly things get going. I took off their crutches yesterday to see if they would stand as I had major stretch in the very beginning and they all seem to be straightening out nicely. I was battling raising pH issues this last week and the folks here were super quick to help out. Today I started mixing the nutes in 7 gal of RO. I bought a recirculating pump and put that in the Rubbermaid. Once everything was added appropriately I let the mix circulate for about 2 hours. Before I added any nutes I was getting pH of 7.5. After the nutes were "mixing" for 2 hours and water was at 70f , pH was perfect at 5.8. I used week 1 of veg recipe with calmag and hydroguard. I cut back a bit on the Suber B recommendation from future harvest by 1/2. I will continue to monitor readings daily to see if we see spikes.

I changed up some things. My unit is in my home office and the airpump was a little loud for the phone calls and zoom meetings I have. I turned off the air stones, added an 02grow emitter and the recirculating pump mentioned before. Things are much quieter now. I have it running for 30 minutes every 3 or 4 hours. It was super cool to see thr nano bubbles start up. I have it placed so that the recirc pump helps to move then around while not directly pointed at the emitter.

Attachments

Austin P

re circ pump was causing res temp to increase from 69-70f to 74f when pump was continuously running. I changed to run circ pump to match same intervals of the 02Grow and temp spikes have been eliminated. I am running the 02grow 6 times per 24 hours. 11- mid night and 5 am to 6am for a full hour each and 30min every 3.5 hours or so for the other 4 cycle ons. Roots are getting bigger, PH has stabilized at 6.1- checking daily. I topped off with 1gal of RO and set pH to 5.7 to try and get total res down to 6.0, I will test again this evening. The res temp is down to 69f at first check and last check- will continue to monitor.

R.Whitebear

Maybe it's just me I have my O2 grow timer at 2hr on 1.5 off I read somewhere that the bubbles stay in the water for an hour after u turn it off see how that goes might switch it around later

Austin P

End of week 1 veg. Flipped the res on Saturday. Week 2 schedule + cal/mag and hydroguard. Still dealing with rising pH. By the end of week 1 veg I had to drop pH from 6.4 to 6.1. This week I started to change the res after the drip feed in the morning. My soup went on at 5.7 pH Saturday afternoon and by Sunday evening we were up to 6.0. From Sunday night to Monday morning we were still hanging steady at 6.0. I am starting to check 3 times a day and taking Mclovin's direction of letting the plants tell me what's going on. Well the 2 back corners had some spots on fan leaves. I thought it might have been when my humidifier stayed on during lights out and leaves were a little moist during AM roll call. I wiped down the back wall and clipped off the slightly affected areas. This morning I come back to the back right baby showing some additional spots and looking droopy. On picture file 142654.jpg below is the leaf spot I am seeing it does not have texture but it through the leaf(top and bottom). I will monitor to see if it spreads or if present on any of the new growth. All babies have 4 full nodes and working on 5th. By end of week I should be looking to top 3 of them and I'm pulling down 2 of them with garden wire to stretch Into the void areas. I think I will hang the SCRog net after next res change to try and fill in the gaps as they get taller but this genetic is supposed to be short and bushy naturally . I was thinking the 1st net(small squares) at about 15 inches and I have plan for 2nd net(larger squares) once they get taller. I have the LED T5 upgrade coming from BCNL. First delivery was the wrong product and no instructions for installation. Myles got me sorted out pretty quickly.

Attachments

oldhippy

End of week 1 veg. Flipped the res on Saturday. Week 2 schedule + cal/mag and hydroguard. Still dealing with rising pH. By the end of week 1 veg I had to drop pH from 6.4 to 6.1. This week I started to change the res after the drip feed in the morning. My soup went on at 5.7 pH Saturday afternoon and by Sunday evening we were up to 6.0. From Sunday night to Monday morning we were still hanging steady at 6.0. I am starting to check 3 times a day and taking Mclovin's direction of letting the plants tell me what's going on. Well the 2 back corners had some spots on fan leaves. I thought it might have been when my humidifier stayed on during lights out and leaves were a little moist during AM roll call. I wiped down the back wall and clipped off the slightly affected areas. This morning I come back to the back right baby showing some additional spots and looking droopy. On picture file 142654.jpg below is the leaf spot I am seeing it does not have texture but it through the leaf(top and bottom). I will monitor to see if it spreads or if present on any of the new growth. All babies have 4 full nodes and working on 5th. By end of week I should be looking to top 3 of them and I'm pulling down 2 of them with garden wire to stretch Into the void areas. I think I will hang the SCRog net after next res change to try and fill in the gaps as they get taller but this genetic is supposed to be short and bushy naturally . I was thinking the 1st net(small squares) at about 15 inches and I have plan for 2nd net(larger squares) once they get taller. I have the LED T5 upgrade coming from BCNL. First delivery was the wrong product and no instructions for installation. Myles got me sorted out pretty quickly.
Why 15 inches? Look at my avatar ... they are cut at 8 inches. Imagine 15 inches .... basically the full height of my plants. If you plan on using two scrogs you should consider placing the first around 8 inches. The box limits your height and 15 inches plus an additional scrog may very well be too much. What height for the second scrog? Be careful brother ....

Austin P

Why 15 inches? Look at my avatar ... they are cut at 8 inches. Imagine 15 inches .... basically the full height of my plants. If you plan on using two scrogs you should consider placing the first around 8 inches. The box limits your height and 15 inches plus an additional scrog may very well be too much. What height for the second scrog? Be careful brother ....
You are probably right. Maybe 10 inches for the first and 20 for the 2nd? If do that , it should allow for 18 inches from the 2nd net and the light. The plants are around 6-7 inches tall now.